Hacking R4i Gold upgrade

duckysd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As has been suggested earlier you should try the files from www.r4i-net.com as at the bottom of the www.r4i-g.com page there is this
Copyright© r4i-net.com All Rights Reserved 2009-2010
which means it is almost certainly a clone of the R4i-net.com cart.

EDIT: TRy downloading the EOS for R4i Gold 1.37 and then the EOS Update Pake
I tried the EOS for R4i Gold 1.37 on its own, but it failed. I copied the EOS Update Pake (Supposed to be pack isn't it...) and it replaced some files and folders. I tried that but it also fails.
The r4i-g.com website owners added a contact us tab. It just syays e-mail, but they don't actually have their e-mail.

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
As has been suggested earlier you should try the files from www.r4i-net.com as at the bottom of the www.r4i-g.com page there is this
Copyright© r4i-net.com All Rights Reserved 2009-2010
which means it is almost certainly a clone of the R4i-net.com cart.

EDIT: TRy downloading the EOS for R4i Gold 1.37 and then the EOS Update Pake
I tried the EOS for R4i Gold 1.37 on its own, but it failed. I copied the EOS Update Pake (Supposed to be pack isn't it...) and it replaced some files and folders. I tried that but it also fails.
The r4i-g.com website owners added a contact us tab. It just syays e-mail, but they don't actually have their e-mail.
Yup, Saw that as I tried to contact them on your behalf. Also www.r4i-net.com don't have a real email address to contact them either so I think you are pretty much stuffed.

Did you try the file I uploaded (it's only the same as what you've already tried but at this point we're desperate)?

Sorry but you really need to get in touch with the retailer you bought the carts off and try to get your money back as they have effectively sold you faulty goods (it's impossible to download the correct kernel so they have been mis-sold as working).

Just out of curiosity what actually happened when you tried the EOS and update pake (what message appeared on screen etc)?

duckysd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Firstly, thanks for your help. I tried the EOS first without the update. I turn the DSLite (My 3DS and DSi are updated) and access the card. On top and bottom there are white sreens. However, there is a thick black line which flashes on the top screen for less than a second. Then I am left with the white screen. I will try the file you uploaded and report back. By the way, I bought 10 of these cards, and I test the procedures on 3 different cards and 2 different MicroSD cards, so I know it is not hardware malfunction. When I add the update pake, Exactly the sme thing happens. As a matter of fact the black line things happens even if I don't have a MicroSD inside the R4... Do you think it will help if I open the card up and see the information on the chip(s)?
Thank you again.

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
The fact that you are getting no kind of message and the same thing happens when no SDHC card is inserted makes me think that it is a hardware issue and that ALL your carts are faulty.

The worst thing is I've just had a look on the FAQ section of www.r4i-g.com and the FAQ is ripped from 3 different websites www.r4i-net.com, www.r4i-sdhc.com(probably as it mentions r4i-sdhc but that means it could be one of at least 3 sites) and www.r4ill-net.com so everything about these carts are dodgy.

The fact that you cannot access the kernel from the site on the front of the cart tells me you should return these carts to whoever you bought them from and demand a refund as they have sold you something that doesn't work. However I have a horrid feeling that you've been conned.

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
Glad to hear it's working for you again.

Now that I can download the kernel I can see how it's made.

If you have this problem again you can download the kernel from www.r4i-yes.com and all you will need to do is rename the "r4i.tp" file to "n5i.dat". In fact I'm fairly sure that there are many other clone sites with a very similar kernel it would just be a case of finding the correct file to rename.

duckysd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you again.
The card was pretty unusual. It was a dual boot. When it was first booted it had a mario theme(R4DS) with the 3 boxed (Game - Movie(moonshell) - Internet).
When I select game, another 3 boxes come (R4 - TTDS - Back)
I can select to boot it as R4 or TTDS.
Kind of useless to me, but at least the card works now.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for following up.. this will help others for sure.
Crazy how long it took for you to get this sorted, but imagine all those who probably just gave up and got the shaft for their money's worth.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just read the thread again Ducky, and I'm glad to know it's working. For the firmware redirect do you have to select an .nds file to get to the TTDS kernel?

eytukhan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am sorry for grave digging, but ducky do you still have the kernel or set up for this cart? i lost the sd card to mine and had it working and need it again, but cannot find it anywhere on internet after 2+ hours of searching =[, pm me please

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries