R4i Gold RTS won't load any games

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by J3nni4, Jun 14, 2013.

1. J3nni4
    OP

J3nni4 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 14, 2013
    United States
    Harvey, Louisiana
    Whenever I try to load a DS game from my R4i Gold on my 3DS it just displays white on both screens and will not load the game. The only thing I can get to load is a SNES emulator. I have downloaded the latest firmware from www.r4ids.cn and I formatted the card several times with different formatters including the SDformatter I've seen linked on this forum and I've tried several different DS games. I get the same result every time. I know the sd card is good because its the same one I used for my old acekard and it never gave me any problems. I'm getting really frustrated. What am I doing wrong?

2. Joshua Martin

Joshua Martin Member

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2013
    United States
    I totally feel your pain. I'm having the exact same problem with my R4i Gold only mine freezes on the loading screen. I'd go ahead and try a couple different SD cards and make sure you download the kernel from r4ids.cn. Try a couple of different clean ROMs too. Hope this helps. If you figure out a way to get this to work, please let me know.

3. Pong20302000

Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Sep 8, 2009
    One's inner self
    white screens when rom loading normally means bad or patched roms

you are not meant to use patched roms with Wood

4. J3nni4
    OP

J3nni4 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 14, 2013
    United States
    Harvey, Louisiana
    I don't have any patched roms, at least that I know of and I've tried several different ones. How can you tell if a rom is patched?

5. LurkerA

LurkerA ㊣New3DS

Apr 8, 2010
    United States
  6. Pong20302000

Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Sep 8, 2009
    One's inner self
    either dump them yourself or make sure you get scene releases by teams

7. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
  8. J3nni4
    OP

J3nni4 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 14, 2013
    United States
    Harvey, Louisiana
    I got a clean rom (checked it with the Crc32 program), grabbed another SD card, formatted it with the program on the linked site and redownloaded the firmware from the website on the cart. Same problem. Both of my SD cards were purchased at a retail store. One is Sandisk and the other is Fujifilm. Is my cart just no good or am I still doing something wrong?

9. Joshua Martin

Joshua Martin Member

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2013
    United States

My kart ended up being bad. Had to get a replacement and now it works fine!

10. GoldenSun3DS

GoldenSun3DS GBAtemp Regular

Apr 27, 2013
    United States
    Just to provide a little info, patched roms work perfectly on my R4i Gold 3DS RTS. I've been playing Fire Emblem 12 that's been translated into English.
    Also, my Anti-piracy patched Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 roms also work perfectly (I even moved my brother's B2 save from DeSmume to the flashcard so he could continue his game on my flashcard instead of the slow computer).
    I have not seen ANY errors with running patched roms on my R4i Gold 3DS (from nds-card.com).

11. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    It's AP patches that cause the issues, not translation patches. People use "patched" as the term for "hacked to run on my piece-of-shit 2006 R4KingHyperSDHC clone cart".

12. GoldenSun3DS

GoldenSun3DS GBAtemp Regular

Apr 27, 2013
    United States
    But my Anti-Piracy patched Pokemon Black2 & White2 roms work perfectly on my R4i SDHC on a daily basis. And it's not because my card is a "clone" - clean roms (well they're trimmed, but other than that, clean) like my Mario Kart DS and M&L: PiT also work perfectly.

13. J3nni4
    OP

J3nni4 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 14, 2013
    United States
    Harvey, Louisiana
    Contacted the company I bought it from. They are sending me a new cart.

14. H-Dawg

H-Dawg Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 17, 2013
    United States
    Did you get this fixed...mine does the exact same thing. I have tried everything, WOOD loads find. when I select a game (any game) it says Loading in white on black background. It never goes past this screen. This is killing me.

15. Joshua Martin

Joshua Martin Member

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2013
    United States

Yes, I ended up contacting NDSGamer.com (I bought the R4 from them) and they sent me a new and tested R4i Gold free of charge. Loaded it with Wood 1.60 and everything worked FANTASTIC!