J3nni4

OP
Trophies
Website
jenniferwaite.brandyourself.com
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I try to load a DS game from my R4i Gold on my 3DS it just displays white on both screens and will not load the game. The only thing I can get to load is a SNES emulator. I have downloaded the latest firmware from www.r4ids.cn and I formatted the card several times with different formatters including the SDformatter I've seen linked on this forum and I've tried several different DS games. I get the same result every time. I know the sd card is good because its the same one I used for my old acekard and it never gave me any problems. I'm getting really frustrated. What am I doing wrong?

Joshua Martin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I totally feel your pain. I'm having the exact same problem with my R4i Gold only mine freezes on the loading screen. I'd go ahead and try a couple different SD cards and make sure you download the kernel from r4ids.cn. Try a couple of different clean ROMs too. Hope this helps. If you figure out a way to get this to work, please let me know.

J3nni4

OP
Trophies
Website
jenniferwaite.brandyourself.com
XP
Country
United States
I got a clean rom (checked it with the Crc32 program), grabbed another SD card, formatted it with the program on the linked site and redownloaded the firmware from the website on the cart. Same problem. Both of my SD cards were purchased at a retail store. One is Sandisk and the other is Fujifilm. Is my cart just no good or am I still doing something wrong?

Joshua Martin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a clean rom (checked it with the Crc32 program), grabbed another SD card, formatted it with the program on the linked site and redownloaded the firmware from the website on the cart. Same problem. Both of my SD cards were purchased at a retail store. One is Sandisk and the other is Fujifilm. Is my cart just no good or am I still doing something wrong?

My kart ended up being bad. Had to get a replacement and now it works fine!

GoldenSun3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to provide a little info, patched roms work perfectly on my R4i Gold 3DS RTS. I've been playing Fire Emblem 12 that's been translated into English.
Also, my Anti-piracy patched Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 roms also work perfectly (I even moved my brother's B2 save from DeSmume to the flashcard so he could continue his game on my flashcard instead of the slow computer).
I have not seen ANY errors with running patched roms on my R4i Gold 3DS (from nds-card.com).

GoldenSun3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's AP patches that cause the issues, not translation patches. People use "patched" as the term for "hacked to run on my piece-of-shit 2006 R4KingHyperSDHC clone cart".

But my Anti-Piracy patched Pokemon Black2 & White2 roms work perfectly on my R4i SDHC on a daily basis. And it's not because my card is a "clone" - clean roms (well they're trimmed, but other than that, clean) like my Mario Kart DS and M&L: PiT also work perfectly.

H-Dawg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I totally feel your pain. I'm having the exact same problem with my R4i Gold only mine freezes on the loading screen. I'd go ahead and try a couple different SD cards and make sure you download the kernel from r4ids.cn. Try a couple of different clean ROMs too. Hope this helps. If you figure out a way to get this to work, please let me know.

Did you get this fixed...mine does the exact same thing. I have tried everything, WOOD loads find. when I select a game (any game) it says Loading in white on black background. It never goes past this screen. This is killing me.

Joshua Martin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you get this fixed...mine does the exact same thing. I have tried everything, WOOD loads find. when I select a game (any game) it says Loading in white on black background. It never goes past this screen. This is killing me.

Yes, I ended up contacting NDSGamer.com (I bought the R4 from them) and they sent me a new and tested R4i Gold free of charge. Loaded it with Wood 1.60 and everything worked FANTASTIC!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1