Hacking r4i gold pro 2017 on New 3DS XL?

DamnMakis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, I've never owned any of the DS consoles before and this is my first time on this website as well. I just recently purchased the r4i gold pro 2017 cart and am planning to get a N3DS XL in a month or so. The website marked on the package of the cart (r4isdhc.com) lists that ORIGINAL 3ds with firmware version 11.3 is compatible. Does anyone know if this cart will still work on a New 3DS XL with the latest 11.4 update? I don't think I will install any custom firmware on the device once I get it. Thanks! P.S. I am aware that this cart can play only DS games.
R4i-Gold-Pro-Flashcart.jpg

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its none of my business but please reconsider putting CFW on your 3ds its really easy and simple, unless of course your N3DS comes with 11.4 then it doesnt matter because 11.4 cant have CFW atm
Nintendo doesn't sell 3DS systems with 11.4 yet. But if the 3DS comes with 11.2 or 11.3, definitely consider CFW.

DamnMakis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Xenocidal Hermit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But I can still use the cart I own on New 3DS right? The r4i gold pro?
Also thanks a lot for the replies guys! I will reconsider installing CF on my device too!
You can, but support for that one is supposed to be bad. There's supposed to be some other issues, but it might be another card.

The 2 I posted are usually considered among the best r4 cards you can get. If you just want to play DS backups on 3DS, r4 is fine. There's VC injects for everything else.

VixenCult

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello everyone, I've never owned any of the DS consoles before and this is my first time on this website as well. I just recently purchased the r4i gold pro 2017 cart and am planning to get a N3DS XL in a month or so. The website marked on the package of the cart (r4isdhc.com) lists that ORIGINAL 3ds with firmware version 11.3 is compatible. Does anyone know if this cart will still work on a New 3DS XL with the latest 11.4 update? I don't think I will install any custom firmware on the device once I get it. Thanks! P.S. I am aware that this cart can play only DS games.
R4i-Gold-Pro-Flashcart.jpg
No it only plays ds roms :/
Reconsider installing cfw is really helpful

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!