Hacking R4i Gold - Is this a good/legit flashcard?

Sheriff Cat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have a DS Lite and recently ordered my first r4.
After searching for a few hours, I ended up puchasing a DSi R4i GOLD SLOT-1 flashcard type D ( www.r4ids.cn ) 3DS 1.4.4 compatible WOOD 3DS from Zhuzhuchina
It seems to me that this a good flashcard and should work on my DSL, however I am new to flashcards.
So I was wondering on what everyone thinks/knows about this flashcard. Will it work??
I will mainly be using it for games, so I don't care much about other features.
Thanks! :D

Sheriff Cat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help guys!
Sorry if it was a noob question, I knew the card was good, it was mainly just the website I was wondering about (which judging by it's reviews it is trusted)
Just wanted to make sure it wasn't a bad clone or anything! (I'm not sure how all that stuff works!)
Thanks! :D

Oh and also, a quick side question.
Do I have to update it regularly since I have a DS Lite? Or is that just for DSi/3DS?
Of course I will probably update it anyways, so I can use it on my friends' DS's, but whenever a new update is released (Currently 1.4.4, maybe? Sorry, I'm a noob about this stuff.), do I have to wait for a firmware update or can I still use the R4 on my DSL???

BlackAngel5

Trophies
Website
sasugasugoi.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
For the DSL you don't have to update the R4 or any flashcart in fact, since the DSL is impossible for Nintendo to update. So you having a DSL is pretty convenient XDDD. You said you were new to this and I don't know exactly HOW new you are, but since you have a DSL the only thing you have to (well, not have to but should..) update is the wood kernel, which you can easily do via WiFi.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Oh and also, a quick side question.
Do I have to update it regularly since I have a DS Lite? Or is that just for DSi/3DS? As long as you don't update your 3DS as soon as Nintendo updates and wait for the card to update, then you should be fine. But it is suggested to keep a DS Lite just in case.
Of course I will probably update it anyways, so I can use it on my friends' DS's, but whenever a new update is released (Currently 1.4.4, maybe? Sorry, I'm a noob about this stuff.), do I have to wait for a firmware update or can I still use the R4 on my DSL??? The R4i Gold will always work on the DS, there is no need to update it to do so.

Sheriff Cat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the DSL you don't have to update the R4 or any flashcart in fact, since the DSL is impossible for Nintendo to update. So you having a DSL is pretty convenient XDDD. You said you were new to this and I don't know exactly HOW new you are, but since you have a DSL the only thing you have to (well, not have to but should..) update is the wood kernel, which you can easily do via WiFi.

Alright, that's cool! Finally an advantage to owning a DS Lite! ;D
And by new, I mean that I literally just started looking up stuff about flashcarts this week! So I don't really know anything about them!
Thanks for your help! I can't wait to get my R4! :D

And thanks Catboy for helping as well!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...