Sloshy

OP
Trophies
Website
piecesoflint.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I'm in a bit of a pickle: I got a 3DS and needed a card to replace my CycloDS so I ordered an R4i Gold 3DS. It finally came in today and I saw how I had to use a DSL to upgrade the firmware. The card fit in my 3DS just fine and came out smoothly, but when I put it in my sister's pink DSL that she loves so very much, it got stuck like it did on the video in the GBATemp review of the card. The only problem is, no matter how I wiggle it and how hard I pull, it absolutely won't come out. Any advice or am I doomed to buy my sister a new DSL?
frown.gif

EDIT: Solved! Thanks everyone for their suggestions, even though they were unnecessary

chaosdarkneo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh... wow, uhh. I didn't actually think anyone would actually DO THAT after they watched the video >.>

Uhh, if worst comes to worst, you could use a thin wire (paperclip?) and stick it in between the card and the DS then wiggle. Hold the DS upside down.

Sloshy

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
chaosdarkneo said:
Oh... wow, uhh. I didn't actually think anyone would actually DO THAT after they watched the video >.>
Well they said it only got stuck in the DSi and I have a spare DSL, so that's why I wasn't worried. Also I believe I ordered the version that supposedly fixed the issue... Oh well. I'll try your advice!

Sloshy

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Snailface said:
I would gently stick a thumbtack on the front of the card where it is exposed and then push up to slide it out.
I'm a little worried about damaging the insides if I do that... I might try it... maybe...

I don't see how it would help really because I can't pull it out by gripping it no matter what I do.

Sloshy

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Solved! My brother who is stronger than I am was able to pull it out just fine. Thanks for your advice, even though all it really needed was a good tug. It doesn't get stuck in my 3DS though because the game card slot is much wider, so I shouldn't have this problem again. Case closed
smile.gif
*sigh of relief*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1