R4i Gold 3DS stuck in a DSL

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Sloshy, Sep 21, 2011.

Sep 21, 2011

R4i Gold 3DS stuck in a DSL by Sloshy at 7:57 PM (988 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Sloshy
    OP

Member Sloshy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Okay so I'm in a bit of a pickle: I got a 3DS and needed a card to replace my CycloDS so I ordered an R4i Gold 3DS. It finally came in today and I saw how I had to use a DSL to upgrade the firmware. The card fit in my 3DS just fine and came out smoothly, but when I put it in my sister's pink DSL that she loves so very much, it got stuck like it did on the video in the GBATemp review of the card. The only problem is, no matter how I wiggle it and how hard I pull, it absolutely won't come out. Any advice or am I doomed to buy my sister a new DSL? [​IMG]

EDIT: Solved! Thanks everyone for their suggestions, even though they were unnecessary

2. chaosdarkneo

Member chaosdarkneo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Oh... wow, uhh. I didn't actually think anyone would actually DO THAT after they watched the video >.>

Uhh, if worst comes to worst, you could use a thin wire (paperclip?) and stick it in between the card and the DS then wiggle. Hold the DS upside down.

3. Sloshy
    OP

United States
    Well they said it only got stuck in the DSi and I have a spare DSL, so that's why I wasn't worried. Also I believe I ordered the version that supposedly fixed the issue... Oh well. I'll try your advice!

4. Snailface

Member Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    Antarctica
    I would gently stick a thumbtack on the front of the card where it is exposed and then push up to slide it out.

(push down on the card first so it unlatches from the slot)

[​IMG]

Stick the tack or needle on the yellow dot then slide up.

5. Sloshy
    OP

United States
    I'm a little worried about damaging the insides if I do that... I might try it... maybe...

I don't see how it would help really because I can't pull it out by gripping it no matter what I do.

6. Sloshy
    OP

United States
    Solved! My brother who is stronger than I am was able to pull it out just fine. Thanks for your advice, even though all it really needed was a good tug. It doesn't get stuck in my 3DS though because the game card slot is much wider, so I shouldn't have this problem again. Case closed [​IMG] *sigh of relief*

7. chaosdarkneo

Member chaosdarkneo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Happy to see everything worked out!

(BTW, the DSi has the same slot as the DSL. Same size as well.)