Hacking R4i gold 3ds flashcart update for 3DS 2.0.0-2

Nicole Luyben

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As we know that R4ids.cn has released the update news that their R4i gold flashcart is working on the latest 3DS update firmware 2.0.0-2,and today they added another news and the confirmed video,let's take a look!

Here is the quote from r4ids.cn official site

"R4i GOLD 3DS can support Nintendo 3DS Ver 2.0.0-2?J,E,U?successfully without any updating,
anyway please download The Patch V1.4.2c if you don't get a "Spongebob Squarepants" Icon
after loading your 3DS card... (2011-06-07)"

and here is the video for you

[youtube]7TepXVXWJX4[/youtube]

You may feel confused about what is the meaning , and Let's make it clear and tell you when to use the V1.4.2 patch and when to just use the latest wood firmware

After you insert your R4i flashcart and power on your 3SD console , if you see the "SpongeBob;s Atlantis Squarepantis THQ" icon, then you dont neeed to use any patch , just use the latest wood firmware V1.30 and run on 3DS v2.0.0-2

here is the pic of "SpongeBob;s Atlantis Squarepantis THQ" icon

03a25674-s.jpg

But if you see the "Miami Nights 3D Ubisoft", then you need download the V1.4.2C patch and then install it,Notice , you need use a DS/DSi console to do the update , after you download the file , you will see a "Read me.txt " file, you will find the step by step instruction there.

here is the pic of "Miami Nights 3D Ubisoft"

700c6291-s.jpg

here is the quote of the guide

This patch is designed for r4ids gold 3ds released by r4ids.cn
In order to make your r4ids gold 3ds run on NDSi V1.4.2, you should update your r4ids gold with this patch.
Please do as the procedures listed below.

(1)The procedures for V142C_Patch_R4iGOLD_NDSL.nds
1.Download the latest WOOD R4 for R4ids gold from www.r4ids.cn and unzip it to the root directory of your tf card
2.Copy V142C_Patch_R4iGOLD_NDSL.nds to your tf card
3.You should get a NDSL
4.Just power your NDSL on and boot up V142C_Patch_R4iGOLD_NDSL.nds
5.Take your R4ids Gold out of the NDSL
6.Reinsert your R4ids Gold into the NDSL
7.Press KEY_A and the updating process will begin
8.You should keep your NDSL powered on during the updating process
9.IF the result shows SUCCESS, it means you have updated your R4ids Gold with success and this card can work on NDSi V1.4.2

For the users whose R4ids Gold has been broken, you can get a NDSL and another flashcard.
Just boot up V142C_Patch_R4iGOLD_NDSL.nds with the other flashcard and reinsert your R4ids Gold.
You can also update your R4ids Gold.

(2)The procedures for V142C_Patch_R4iGOLD_NDSi.nds
1.Download the latest WOOD R4 for R4ids Gold from www.r4ids.cn and unzip it to the root directory of your tf card
2.Copy V142C_Patch_R4iGOLD_NDSi.nds to your tf card
3.You should get a NDSi
4.Just power your NDSi on and boot up V142C_Patch_R4iGOLD_NDSi.nds
5.Attention:do not take out your R4ids Gold
6.Press KEY_A and the updating process will begin
7.You should keep your NDSL powered on during the updating process
8.IF the result shows SUCCESS, it means you have updated your R4ids Gold with success and this card can work on NDSi V1.4.2

mark10

Trophies
XP
Country
this only works if your cart was a 3d compatible, & you update from Miami Nights to SpongeBob.
if you got a R4ids gold(non-3DS) that you updated from Alex Rider to SpongeBob icon it wont work on the new update 3DS Ver 2.0.0-2(J,E,U) .
hopefully the team will bring out a fix, as these carts are very good.

also if your icon is Meet the Robinsons update to V1.4.2b (Miami Nights) icon, then use V1.4.2c Patch to (SpongeBob) icon.
i tried updating from Meet the Robinsons icon with The V1.4.2c Patch, now that cart in not working just white screens, mite be a fluke though.

piktaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How to update this card if i dont have DSI/L and no possibility to borrow from? Could be a solution to upgrade firmware directly from N3DS as R4i-sdhc has..

frown.gif

mryoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I also don't have a DSI or L
closedeyes.gif

does someone know if it is possible to update the gold card with a 3DS still running the old firmare?

Geostar

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.gamerstorm.org
XP
Country
mryoshi said:
I also don't have a DSI or L
closedeyes.gif

does someone know if it is possible to update the gold card with a 3DS still running the old firmare?

There's a chance it may brick your card. I wouldn't reccomend it but if you have no other option then try it.

mryoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
R4ids.cn mailed me this after asking same question

Sorry about that you do need another  NDSi or NDSL  to do the Patch V1.4.2c updating for your 3DS card...please follow the instruction in readme.txt...

Mmmmm...
Is it posible to update using the first ds (oldest one) ?

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You can complete the updating process with a 3DS whose system is under 2.0.0-2.Just follow the instructions V142C_Patch_R4iGOLD_NDSi.nds and you should boot up V142C_Patch_R4iGOLD_NDSi.nds.

mryoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
piktaz said:
And post result here.
smile.gif

Tried what tranfeer suggested
I openend the V142C_Patch_R4iGOLD_NDSi.nds on a 3DS from a friend with still the old firmware on it.
it patched normally, and now it works great again
yaynds.gif

kevlagnu

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

I have the R4i 3DS from R4i Shopper, red box, non gold version. I updated yesterday without checking the site (I know, foolish) and now the card has the black screen error.

I have my DS lite, and an old M3 card, but this will not run Woody so therefore I cannot run the Woody patch.

Does anyone know - What cards will allow me to run the woody patch, then remove it, so I can insert my messed up R4i card?

Does it have to be another R4i 3DS card, or can it be an old R4 card? tried a mates yesterday and it wouldn't run woody either so looks like I have to buy another cart. Most annoying.

Thank you!

Bleubolt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone confirm, if i have an empty micro sd card. what do i put on first, ie.. extract the V1.51B kernel onto the micro SD, then extract the Wood R4 V1.30 ontop of the microSD card, overwriting the files ?

or do i only need wood, ? why is there 2 files to download ?

C

captfalcon

I have updated to 1.42c and the spongebob pants icon is displayed in the menu but I get a black screen on my 3ds when it is booted and a white screen on my dsl. I have tried 1.42b which displays miami nights and this works on my dsl but not my 3ds. I have been used the .ndsl update and not the .ndsi as this says card check has failed. Anyone else having any issues or know how to fix this??

Immortal_no1

Trophies
XP
Country
i've also had issues updating mine, same process.

Had a Miami Nights 3D card, updated it to 1.4.2C i got the spongebob icon and get a blackscreen followed by needing to restart my 3ds, and on my dslite i get a white screen. i had the latest wood firmware on it too.

Contacted the guys at r4ids.cn they're looking into it now. i want to try updating my cards with a DSI maybe that will solve my problem, i'll try it tomorrow with my friends DS.

Tried everything i can think of to get it working, at the point of the update the card becomes unusable and needs to be reflashed by using another card.

I'll update you guys on what's going on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1