r4i dual core

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by keithizback, Jun 23, 2011.

Jun 23, 2011

r4i dual core by keithizback at 12:07 AM (12,036 Views / 0 Likes) 17 replies

1. keithizback
    OP

Newcomer keithizback Newbie

United States
  2. Nicole Luyben

Newcomer Nicole Luyben Advanced Member

United States
    Never heard of this white card before, it is another clone , i think . the real R4i sdhc i know is from http://r4i-sdhc.com/

But your site says it supports 3DS , why not give it a try and test it by yourself !

3. jan777

Member jan777 motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz

Philippines
    From the website you just linked.

4. ninjaapple

Newcomer ninjaapple Advanced Member

Trinidad and Tobago
    I would advise you NOT to buy that flashcart or any other one from that site!

I have the R4i SDHC RTS from that site. Nevermind the fact that its's 3DS compatible(it actually does work on the 3DS), the flashcart is fake. You receive more or less no flashcart firmware updates on those flashcarts. I can't really quarrel because the only game that that firmware does not support that I have encountered so far is Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars. But I'm sure it's just by chance it happens to wok with my downloaded games.

That site releases new flashcarts about every two months and the older flashcarts never get any updates.

The have released a update file to work with 3ds 1.1.0-0 and DSi 1.42 for two of the older flashcarts but that is probably only because they had advertised those carts as 3DS compatible and were forced to make the update file.

Stick to Acekard 2i, Supercard DSTwo and CycloDS iEvolution.
    Anything with the name R4 stay away from.
    Although R4iDSN and R4i Gold are the few good R4's.

5. Buleste

Member Buleste Old Fart

United Kingdom
    I agree. Never, ever, ever, but a www.r4isdhc.com card. They are infamouse for launching a card, supporting it for about 6 months and then launching a new card. The fact they have Dual Core in their title now shows they have run out of other cards to rip off so they are trying to make it sound cutting edge.

Buy any card other than a www.r4isdhc.com card but if you want a good inexpensive card then get a AceKard 2i.

6. wolffangalchemist

Member wolffangalchemist This is bat country!

United States
    i ordered one of the "dual-core" cards for the hell of it off lighttake since it was only $5, just to have some kinda back up laying around incase i brick my ak2i or something and since i lost my DSTT when i moved a while back.
    i'm gonna try woodr4 on it or maybe retrogamerfans ysmenu updates and see how it does, if i don't like it i'll just give it to my friend who's been needing a flash cart of some kind.

7. RoMee

Member RoMee ??

United States
    you should had bought the R4i RTS KUNG FU instead
    it kick azz because it knows......KUNG FUuuuuu!

8. wolffangalchemist

Member wolffangalchemist This is bat country!

United States
    yeah but they didn't have the special Mr. Miyagi Edition that comes with a free container of turtle wax.
    also i only had like $6 in my paypal account.

9. s4mid4re

Member s4mid4re  

United States
    There is no such thing as a 'real' r4i sdhc since they're all clones. The only r4 that would even be considered 'real' is this one. So, well, don't get fooled by the name. [​IMG]

On Topic: I wouldn't trust that cart. First of all, it says "Dual Core + AK2i interface." After checking their firmware, it seems like wood r4 (_rpg, _DS_MENU.DAT, and WOODR4.NDS) and not AKAIO. Wood r4 and AKAIO (and SCDS2 firmware) were all made with the same source code, so their interface is extremely alike. The clone team made a mistake there. [​IMG]

Also, the firmware said 1.25, so I think it's way out-dated; the latest wood r4 is wood r4 v1.31.

Instead of getting one of those crappy clones, I suggest you get one of these:
    • r4i Gold (www.r4ids.cn): has latest wood r4 support and has updatable core to support latest DSi/3DS firmware updates.
    • acekard 2i (www.acekard.com/) has official AKAIO support and has updatable core to support latest DSi/3DS firmwares.
    • SuperCard DSTWO (http://eng.supercard.sc/manual/dstwo/): unlikely any of the above, the firmware is supported by the official SuperCard team and are regularly updated. In addition, it has updatable core to support latest DSi/3DS firmwares. Also has a built-in extra CPU for GBA emulation and more, but costs more.

10. lpm98

Newcomer lpm98 Member

United States
    dont get this clone.
    it will probably not be updated. a good choice would be the r4i gold 3ds (r4id.cn). it supports the newest wood (which is updated to support 3ds updates).
    a good place to order it would be digitopz.com because they are trustworthy and always have free shipping.

11. huangyu

Newcomer huangyu Advanced Member

United States
    Please,do not get this card,it is not worth buying ! Try to get the AK2i or DSTwo .......If you want to buy a R4 card, then just get the R4i Gold 3DS from R4ids.cn ......

12. drewmerc

Member drewmerc GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
  13. ifenix

Newcomer ifenix Member

Spain
  14. Woodhouse

Newcomer Woodhouse Advanced Member

United Kingdom
  15. WiiUBricker

Member WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Argentina
    Why are people even bothering with these outdated R4 carts when superior carts like supercard dstwo or iSmart MM are available?

16. stephysanrio

Member stephysanrio GBAtemp Regular

United States
    WHY? because not everyone wants to pay $30-50 for a dstwo thats why. Some people are really CHEAP or some others just don't know any better and even if they see the prices, descriptions, they still go for what costs less. (An original game goes for around $30-40 yet buying a dstwo which will save you so much more doesn't seem worth it when IT IS because its one of the best cards out there and it wont stop working compare to other cards!)

For a normal ds user an r4 card should be fine IMO. I understand everyone here dislikes r4isdhc.com because they come up with new cards every 2-6 months maybe it is to make more money or maybe not. I particularly think it might be due to the fact some cards cant support the new updates and they do some upgrades to the new cards regardless for instance the dual core 2013 has a better kernel and more game compatibility the product itself inside has an extra chip compare to the dual core 2012. BUT maybe is just a business technique they use like APPLE for example that comes up with better iphones / macs every so often.

if the card you have is current they hack the new nintendo updates fast and I havent had any problems with the cards other than some save problems which can happen with any other card if you don't know what you are doing. Getting pokemon black 2 on an r4 dual core to run was a pain I had to patch the game myself and then later on add cheat codes for it.

17. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    This thread is almost two years old, and back then there weren't nearly as many blocks and dead carts...

porkiewpyne likes this.
  18. WiiUBricker

Member WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Argentina
    If you pay for a device that practically gives you tickets to free games then the price shouldn't matter to you. But yeah, way to bump an antique thread.

porkiewpyne likes this.
  19. ernest
    This message by ernest has been removed from public view by Costello, Jun 19, 2013.
    Mar 11, 2013