Hacking R4i doesn't work!

White69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hey

I have just bought a new R4i for my younger brother and downloaded an enormous amount of software. None of 'em seem to work. When I open the R4i on the DSi XL it just gets stuck on "loading", it doesn't even open up the R4 menu. Is it also normal that in the DSi menu it is shown as a game called "Tak The Juju challenge"? Please help me out.

samjef11

Trophies
XP
Country
White69 said:
Hey

I have just bought a new R4i for my younger brother and downloaded an enormous amount of software. None of 'em seem to work. When I open the R4i on the DSi XL it just gets stuck on "loading", it doesn't even open up the R4 menu. Is it also normal that in the DSi menu it is shown as a game called "Tak The Juju challenge"? Please help me out.
Right what website does it sayon the front of the card?

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
could you tell us the website of your cart? it's most likely written on the sticker or box of your cart.

Also, it could be that your DSi XL is 1.4.2, which blocks flashcarts, unless it's updatd to work on 1.4.2 DSi's.

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
White69 said:
Hey

Usually when a R4i is stuck on loading it means that the kernel hasn't been transferred to the SDHC card properly. The easiest way to fix this is format your SDHC card with Panasonic SD card formatter, Download the latest kernel from the website on the front of your R4i card and extract it to your PC. Then drag the folders and files from your extracted kernel to your SD card (folders first then the files). This usually sorts out any Loading issues.

Stropdasje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Buleste said:
Usually when a R4i is stuck on loading it means that the kernel hasn't been transferred to the SDHC card properly.
Or it is the wrong kernel, which is likely since the OP doesn't seem to have a clue which R4i it is. It looks like the OP tries at good luck by trail and error. He may get lucky that way or brick his card if some official software detects a clone. As long as the type R4i remains unknown everything is just guesswork.

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
Stropdasje said:
Buleste said:
Usually when a R4i is stuck on loading it means that the kernel hasn't been transferred to the SDHC card properly.
Or it is the wrong kernel, which is likely since the OP doesn't seem to have a clue which R4i it is. It looks like the OP tries at good luck by trail and error. He may get lucky that way or brick his card if some official software detects a clone. As long as the type R4i remains unknown everything is just guesswork.
No as it says loading it's probably the right kernel as if it was the wrong kernel he would get a message like "Menu?" showing.

NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Now with extra redundancy!
Trophies
XP
Country
Buleste said:
Stropdasje said:
Buleste said:
No as it says loading it's probably the right kernel as if it was the wrong kernel he would get a message like "Menu?" showing.
No when I put the wrong kernel on my card it says "loading".

White69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
s4mid4re said:
could you tell us the website of your cart? it's most likely written on the sticker or box of your cart.

Also, it could be that your DSi XL is 1.4.2, which blocks flashcarts, unless it's updatd to work on 1.4.2 DSi's.

It says www.R4i.cn

White69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Buleste said:
White69 said:
Hey

Usually when a R4i is stuck on loading it means that the kernel hasn't been transferred to the SDHC card properly. The easiest way to fix this is format your SDHC card with Panasonic SD card formatter, Download the latest kernel from the website on the front of your R4i card and extract it to your PC. Then drag the folders and files from your extracted kernel to your SD card (folders first then the files). This usually sorts out any Loading issues.

i think I've put the kernel on the SD the right way, I also have R4 for NDS so it shouldn't be the problem

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
White69 said:
Buleste said:
White69 said:
Hey

i think I've put the kernel on the SD the right way, I also have R4 for NDS so it shouldn't be the problem
Sometimes the files just do not transfer properly. Format your card with the Panasonic SD Card formatter. Download and unpack onto your hard drive the latest kernel for your card (1.60 according to the website). Drag the folders across (_system_ and moonshl2) one at a time. Then drag the "_DS_MENU.NDS" and "MoonShell2.nds" files across one at a time and that should sort out your problem

White69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Buleste said:
White69 said:
Buleste said:
White69 said:
Hey

Sometimes the files just do not transfer properly. Format your card with the Panasonic SD Card formatter. Download and unpack onto your hard drive the latest kernel for your card (1.60 according to the website). Drag the folders across (_system_ and moonshl2) one at a time. Then drag the "_DS_MENU.NDS" and "MoonShell2.nds" files across one at a time and that should sort out your problem
Thanks a lot! It's working like it should work. My brother's happy and so am I

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock