Hacking r4ds

chrisdavis2573

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, i am new to this R4DS and have been downloading a couple of games, when u copy them to the Micro SD card and try to load them they get so far and i get the error message "CANNOT ACCESS SAVE GAME DATA" turn off and try again. Can you help?
yaynds.gif

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
The R4 is long over due an update as some of the latest games won't work and is partly due to not sporting 8mb saves.

The latest R4 kernel is 1.18 and is here: 1.18

For those few games that don't work you may be able to get hacked versions by looking through google or trying the arm 7 fix (google that as well)

Two questions chrisdavis2573:

Did you then just purchase your R4?

If yes why did you go for the MIGHTY R4?

paul

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
chrisdavis2573 said:
Hi, i am new to this R4DS and have been downloading a couple of games, when u copy them to the Micro SD card and try to load them they get so far and i get the error message "CANNOT ACCESS SAVE GAME DATA" turn off and try again. Can you help?
yaynds.gif

some newest roms need the ARM7 fix search the forum for guides and downloads to the files you need
wink.gif

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Sir-Fritz said:
Because he is a n00b. Even today i saw a R4 in the "weekend shopper" (trading post type thing).
R4 is not that bad, at least it can play games, no sense in calling someone n00b because they spent their own money

Oh, to TS, which games did you want to play? Some games need a few "fixes" applied to them to work

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
QUOTE(Sir-Fritz @ Jul 12 2008, 04:00 PM) *
Because he is a n00b. Even today i saw a R4 in the "weekend shopper" (trading post type thing).

R4 is not that bad, at least it can play games, no sense in calling someone n00b because they spent their own money

Oh, to TS, which games did you want to play? Some games need a few "fixes" applied to them to work

Well the reason i asked originally was because it usually is Noob's that buy the "once all mighty" R4 , lets face facts the R4 has no special features, no regular updates and is no longer 100% rom compatible, Oh and a biggie for me is no SDHC support so 2 gigs max for the R4.

The only reason people/noob's but the R4 these days is because they see its name on the news and in papers and people always refer to the ds flashcards as R4

paul

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
True, real pros won't buy R4DS, save the chance that some girlfriends might ask an R4DS due to their simplicity. I tried to tell my friend that there are better and cheaper carts out there, but he stand for R4DS. He said:

"My sister doesn't need bullshits like Real Time Save, Cheats, Music Player, and all other hells, all she needs is it can play games, that's enough, I want to buy her and R4 just like yours because the menu is very simple, just choose two times and you're ready"

It's not like I'm an R4fanboy that will do anything to defend it. I'm stating the fact: some people want simplicity over functionality, even with having me as a friend (I'm well-informed about flashcarts) and I kept telling him don't buy an R4, he actually bought one, because R4 is simple. Just like that.

So, there's no point in calling any R4 buyers a n00b

Edit: Oh, and we live in Indonesia, no WFC here, so she doesn't need Wi-Fi compatibility either, kinda makes it sad, NDS's greatest features are touchscreen and Wi-FI
frown.gif

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok so no fancy features, just basic!

That still makes the R4 a no go as it doesn't support all the latest games any more and with the lack of updates that may not change.
Ok there are hacks out there for some of the newer games but that's more complicated than any settings on a flash cart.

Lets say the ttds for instance , its $20 and has 100% rom compatibility with super fast updates, But best of all it has the most simple menu ever with next no no fancy features except it supports SDHC (memory up to 32 gigs/8gigs of now).

Even the supercard /cyclods/M3 which do have all those fancy settings can just be used normally/ simply but with the advantage of 100% compatibility/regular updates..........bla bla bla

Anyway fair enough your no R4 fanboy lol , Did anyone see that the word " fanboy " is now in the dictionary

paul

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Is Janet Jackson alive?