Gaming r4ds or R4i??

lucas_123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello i am gonna be getting son r4's for me and some friends who have Dsi's and was wondering what one i need and what the difference between the both ? could someone please help me so i dont get the wrong one thanks

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if you're using a DSi you need the r4i, the r4ds will only work on older ds lite and ds phat

the r4i to get is the one from r4idsn.com or the r4i gold from r4ids.cn, these can use wood firmware
all other r4i are garbage

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Skyline969 said:
If you want a good flashcard, don't get an R4. It's just that simple. Get something much more reliable, such as an AceKard 2i.
With the support of Wood, R4i and R4DS are just as reliable as Acekard and AKAIO.

Only negative is you have to wait for Wood updates, where as AKAIO can auto-bypass cards. But the Wood updates are frequent.

lucas_123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i guess my next question is whats the difference between the r4i and r4iGOLD? and will the r4i from console source work ? i just know people that have ordered from them for other things and they have had good luck . i am in Canada so where would be th best spot to order from ?

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lucas_123 said:
so i guess my next question is whats the difference between the r4i and r4iGOLD? and will the r4i from console source work ? i just know people that have ordered from them for other things and they have had good luck . i am in Canada so where would be th best spot to order from ?
Go to Lightake
Get R4i GOLD Wood (Product Name)
Yeah it works with wood, good build and MENUdo works too.
I cant comment on the R4i Build but I know the Gold has great build

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
The Albino said:
Skyline969 said:
If you want a good flashcard, don't get an R4. It's just that simple. Get something much more reliable, such as an AceKard 2i.

This man speaks the truth.
Acekards are known for a loose fit which causes connection problems. Also, Acekard isn't prepatched for 1.4.1u which is problematic for inexperienced users. I have all the cards discussed in this thread and I can tell you R4iGold and R4dS are superior to Acekard 2i (and cheaper)

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Snailface said:
The Albino said:
Skyline969 said:

This man speaks the truth.
Acekards are known for a loose fit which causes connection problems. Also, Acekard isn't prepatched for 1.4.1u which is problematic for inexperienced users. I have all the cards discussed in this thread and I can tell you R4iGold and R4dS are superior to Acekard 2i (and cheaper)
I have never heard of a recent AceKard with a loose fit. Having gone though 2 myself, I have not experienced a single problem with either. And as for the pre-patching, it depends on where you buy your AceKard from.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8