Hacking R4ds kernal translator for v.1.17

VoonZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
as title says, which software is available to translate the chinese language kernel to english? i bought a chinese r4 and i can't play FFCC without the latest firmware
cry.gif

VoonZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
tried it as well, my game didn't even load (before the code or after) it just stayed ont he white screen

RealApprentice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Not sure if i understand correctly but isnt it just a matter of downloading and installing te english firmware from the r4ds website.

and as far as playing FFCC is concerned its my understanding that firmware 1.17 fixes problems for US version. And the patch Cracker made fixes problems on both US and EU versions.

TheTalentedMrRip

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
RealApprentice said:
Not sure if i understand correctly but isnt it just a matter of downloading and installing te english firmware from the r4ds website.

No, you don't understand it correctly. You can't put English firmware on Chinese hardware and viceversa. (the m3/r4 patcher doesn't work anymore either)

MadBob

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TheTalentedMrRipley said:
RealApprentice said:

No, you don't understand it correctly. You can't put English firmware on Chinese hardware and viceversa. (the m3/r4 patcher doesn't work anymore either)

Check out this post with link to latest patcher http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...st&p=911116
if it still doesn't work then PM iq_132 they may be able to help you.

VoonZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
thank you very much guys, i understand chinese, but it's just that i prefer it to be in english, thanks for your help again. i'll check it out

arsehat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MadBob said:
Check out this post with link to latest patcher http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...st&p=911116

Hmmm... I'm pretty sure the one from the download page here worked okay with 1.17 when I tried it, and it's positively ancient. I'm pretty sure that's all I've got on the machine I mostly do this kind of stuff with.

That said, the latest one at the end of that link supports the n5 versions of the kernel too.

arsehat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
VoonZ said:
i've already tried it on v1.17. doesn't seem to work.

I've just downloaded the 1.17 English FW from the downloads area here, and the old version of iq_132's patcher from the downloads area here, and used one on the other... I then took the modified kernel, put it on my Chinese R4, and it worked perfectly. So, I think it's pretty safe to say that version of the patcher works with 1.17
smile.gif

Your R4 - is it perhaps the so-called "R4 - II Upgrade" version?

VoonZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
oh DANG, i patched it on the chinese kernel. LOL tried it againa nd it's working fine. thanks people for being so helpful
gbasp.gif
gbasp.gif

MadBob

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ah got you. you don't patch the Chinese firmware to become English, you patch the English firmware to run on the Chinese cart.
smile.gif

nlmcc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I hope I'm not breaking any rules here but I need some answers and this topic is similar to my problem. I just bought an R4 Revolution for DS from China with a 1gb microcard and it just arrived today. On the site it claimed to be the english version 2.0. There was no software disk in the package. I have tried to go to the R4 website today but it say it's being moved.

Now I'm concerned that 1. I don't know if this is a Chinese R4 or English R4 and 2. that I cannot get the R4 kernal download to run this card on my Nintendo DS Lite.

I got this setup so that I could run a paint program called Colors! as I'm not into gaming.

Do you know of another source for the R4 Kernal?

Do you know how I can tell if my R4 is chinese or english?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

RealApprentice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
is there an actual difference between the english and chinese R4 hardware? Is the chinese version much cheaper than the english so they try to prevent the sales of non english hardware outside china?
Otherwise im supprised why R4 would go to the trouble to manufacture different versions of same product

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I don't know why, but the official website of R4DS is in chinese, not english, maybe that will explain why those R4 developers love chinese so much, however, my nephew got R4DS with chinese package, but with english v1.15 firmware, now that's weird.

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The official site is in Chinese because the people who make the R4 are Chinese, and they are based in China, as is the factory that makes their carts for them.

Why shouldn't the site be in Chinese?

Be grateful they even release anything in English.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol