Hacking R4DS Just got it delivered!

Malleus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canceled my DS-X order and ordered a R4DS + 1gig Kingston microSD instead, was cheaper then the DS-X anyhow..
144 us dollars including shipping, perhaps not the cheapest but from a swedish place...

and I cant download the update either, so anyone who feels to upload it somewhere else or know of anyther place to get it tell us about it =)

TriderG7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you understand Italian... here you can read something about this card....
and YES video playback works fine, all NDS clear roms tested work fine and the author is testing the compatibility with homebrews.
Bye

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Babelfished
happy.gif

Clicky

aristo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
aristo, thanks for all the provided information. Could you please test the latest ScummVM DS version (you can get it here). Be sure to test all modes: No button pressed at startup, L pressed at startup or R pressed at startup.

I just tested Scumm, unfortunately (unless I did something wrong) it doesn't work...
with L & R tested version a b c version as well.

Looks like homebrews are not so compatible....
Hope authors can easily adapt their homebrews using I/O from R4 webpage.

clanggedin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK.. From the review in Italian it appears that the R4 also supports a soft reset by pressing the L + R + Start + Select. That is something the DS-X cannot do that I was hoping it had. I just ordered mine from Divineo China with express shipping. It was still cheaper with more memory and faster shipping than ordering from Divineo Canada. I had to send my DS-X back to Consolesource in the beginning of November becuase it was faulty and I still haven't received my replacement. Hopefully I will get my R4 next week and have time to mess with it before my DS-X arrives.

It's sad that shipments are cheaper and arrive faster from China than they do from Canada to the USA.

clanggedin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It appears that they tested Mario Kart Ds and it worked in WiFi play. It also say something about Metroid Prime and New Super Mario but I don;t understand what it says. I dodn't see anything specifically about download play though

egres123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems that this is the best solution for Slot 1 carts. is that true?

Is it possible to order a Chinese version and install English OS afterward to view everything in English?

Finally, where can i order this thing?

clanggedin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered the English version from Divineo China. I didn't see a Chinese version offered on theie site. Maybe if you view it in Chinese they do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: