profile.myspace.com
XP
Country
1174823501_XEOSET_DEMO.jpg

This is my edit of Xeoset, i have removed the jaggie's

i hope this will carry me more favour to get me at least in the top 20,

but as i have said takaM for first
biggrin.gif

P.S. you can download the update version of Xeoset here http://www.mavisxp.com/r4/skins/1174823501_theme.zip

Akotan

Mathematical!
Trophies
Website
www.viciocriativo.com
XP
Country
Brazil
May I join this competition with my first skin creation?

For me - and I'm a designer and an art student, so I should know best
wink.gif
- this is a clear winner. This and the Wii Clouds skin are top-notch and pretty much kills the competition (which are all noob photoshop-jobs).

That is, until I make a skin!
nyanya.gif

Oh, thanks a lot! I was inspired by Wii Clouds theme but didn't want to follow Wii interface design too much... This is an NDS skin after all! Must say that TouchDS.jp was a big graphical reference!
yaynds.gif

H8TR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

madmk

Trophies
XP
Country

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am currently using marth989's Xeoset skin, and it is awesome. It has my nomination, and I don't think it's a n00b photoshop job. However, it still bothers me that so many skins have the R4/M3 logos. Why can't skin makers use logos other than M3/R4's or have it blend in with the background?

rest0re

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
in my opinion in competition there should be only original entries.. not based on any commercial pictures like zelda etc. its not fair imo
original skins ftw!

brn

Trophies
XP
Country
Forgive me for sounding so cocky, but I really have a good eye for these things. Some have "it", some don't.
wink.gif

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Otherwise, what's the point?

I agree - also talking about being a student of "xxxxx" makes you more qualified than others. You have to remember that no matter what you are studying, you are still a student wanker and not qualified to give a valid opinion on anything other than richard and judy, floppy hair, shite warm weak lager and how you are feeling depressed. :P

Sentient

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Good idea, but make sure to keep tabs on the votes. I'd say this could be a fun distraction every month or so: 3 weeks for nominations, 1 week for voting, elimination and presenting finalists. That way, we get several top skins every month, even if they happen to be the same as last month.

Wii clouds get my vote.

Little

I r Little
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Might be nominations but original posts suggests we second/third/etc nominations in case there are more than 20 entries to the competition. So the I vote for X posts are valid =p

To the people who are saying that they are design students etc, get off your arrogant high horses. I'm a information science and business management student... oddly enough that doesn't make me the almighty supreme database wizard(ess) nor the best business person in the multiverse. It does give me the right to live off pot noodle should I so choose though.
Having taken several design courses myself, it is true that you are taught how to evaluate designs and their effectiveness, but the major point you are missing? Is that you need to look from the prospective of the targeted user. You could make the most perfect. beautiful and technically complex design ever seen in the universe... but it would fail if the target user was 5 year old children. Oddly enough these skins are for use on a handheld gaming console, not some elitest design student gallery.

marth989

Trophies
Website
profile.myspace.com
XP
Country
May I join this competition with my first skin creation?

For me - and I'm a designer and an art student, so I should know best
wink.gif
- this is a clear winner. This and the Wii Clouds skin are top-notch and pretty much kills the competition (which are all noob photoshop-jobs).

That is, until I make a skin!
nyanya.gif

when i responded to this with this

QUOTE(marth989 @ Mar 25 2007, 12:35 PM)yes well i suppose being a art student you would have a good idea,

and the skins you have chosen are from the top of the crop but i can say that

seeing i'm a graphic design student which i think hold just a bit more water when it comes to things like this,

takaM for first place
biggrin.gif

P.S. i will be repositng my Xeoset skin without the jags

i didnt mean to look bigheaded or anything, i know that you can be a student without a clue so any status means nothing, unless you have the material to back it up, its just supposed to be a bit of fun, and enjoying each others work.

Have fun
biggrin.gif

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I dont even have an R4 lol but I like that Wii Clouds skin. Can't believe no one has voted for the first Megaman Battle Network skin. I hate the games but that skin looks awesome
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: But I am playing with it. :D:rofl2::tpi::evil: