Hacking R4 ysmenu + Golden Sun

Kikuruhii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I rarely turn to forums for help, but this time i am kind of desperate if i went far enough to register myself up in one.
closedeyes.gif

I am pretty sure there been hundreds of post/topics about this also, and yes i have looked through them all and the Retrogamefan's solution along with additional link tied to it. And it mostly only answer a portion of my problems while googling through different forums.

So for startes.. This is what i know of my card ( friend of mine gave it to me for free. )

-R4 SDHC Revulotion for DS, Clone(?)
-Latest Kernal version 1.56

I have seen many different kind of "solution" that would allow me to play Golden Sun on my card with the help of "YSmenu 117a12", but they only tell me the portion of the progress i should do while i find the rest of "guide" somewhere else, which makes it harder for me to maintain the information in what order i should do it and confused me for about 8 hours of dedication without progress.

The Ysmenu i have tried is "R4 ysmenu for clones" and "ysmenu for R4 ultra." The clone version says unsoppourted ildl file when it tries to read the "Golden sun Dark Dawn rom US" while the ysmenu for ultra is on japanese and makes it difficult for me to read, but atleast it loaded the game but black screened just like usual.
I formate my card everytime i try something new, so no need telling to try formate it and redo the whole thing.

What i am trying to ask here is.. What order should i setup the card and what files should i put into my SD card in order to make it work properly?
If i missed out on some vital information you need, i will gladly tell them if this gets me anywhere.

Thanks for your time in advance!

Kikuruhii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
basher11 said:
http://gbatemp.net/t164359-guide-to-instal...smenu-on-the-r4
http://gbatemp.net/t267243-retrogamefan-updates-releases

should help.

if you don't feel like reading the first topic, just open up YSMenu.ini and change LITERALS JPN to LITERAL ENG.
Though i am thankfull that someone replied, but as i said... I have allready looked through Retrogamefan solution and most of it by googling and clearly said "portion of my problems.".

I tried to chance th language into _ENG, but it is usual. Mostly japanese and few english words. But i guess it should affect that much now, i know what each button means now.
And the first post you sent is outdated so "Yasu page" Don't work which mean i can't get the same files as the tutorial uses wich adds even more to my confusion which resolved in more googling for a similar and more updated guide.

So here is a more detailed information of what i done lately.

- Formate my R4 card with SDFormatter V2.0
- Put the firmware 1.56 files into the memory SD card.
---Files/folder in 1.56---
-MOONSHL (Folder)
-_SYSTEM_ (Folder)
-_DS_MENU
-_DS_MSHÖN.DS
-_DS_MENU.DAT
-----------------------
- Put files from "ysmenu 117a12" into the card after Firmware 1.56
---Files/folder from "ysmenu 117a12"---
-_aio (Folder)
-moonshl2 (Folder)
-YSMenu (Folder)
-_DS_MENU.DAT
-_MENU_.NDS
-akmenu4.nds
-extinfo.dat
-infolib.dat
-savlib.dat
--------------------------------------
-Put files from Retrogamefan 6.40 for SDHC users into the SD card
---Files from 6.40---
-TTMENU (Folder)
-TTMENU.dat (Renamed it to TTMENU.nds as told in the guide)
(If it asked about anything to Copy&replace files, i clicked "accept")
-------------------------
-Booted up DS with it, automaticly starts YSMENU without problem.
-Drags GGDD rom into the card.
-Boots up the DS without problem.
-Booting the game with ysmenu and went into loading screen. ends with black screen.

If i have done something wrong during this progress or wrong files, id like to hear it without being linked to threads i been clinging to understand without any rate of success.

thanks again for your time!

Kikuruhii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
iluvfupaburgers said:
try using akaio 1.8.1 for r4 ultra. you can find it on the download section of www.r4ultra.com

Thanks for a different source to try, didn't thought of that.
But now i have tried it with and without "YSMenu 117a12" for Ultra and fakes, Clone ysmenu does not support the dldi file (Tried putting r4dldi.dat also) and the other one gives me black screen as usual.

Is there anyone with the same card as me or have the experience and knows what will work give me a more detailed guide? ( Do not refer to a thread, i have allready tested up to above 30 combinations of files/folders)

Thanks in advance!

Kikuruhii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
iluvfupaburgers said:
why try getting ysmenu on it when akaio is better. if akaio works just keep that
I see now where you are going with this now.

I tried now without ysmenu again, it didn't startup and went black screen. But i looked through options and i read somewhere i should turn the "Anti Piracy=Enabled", then it started!

Thanks for your help, i almost gave up there! n_n

vorpalskate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
please kikuruhii can you tell me exactly what files and firmware to have and what to do and even where to get the game because i also have the r4 sdhc and have been looking everywhere to try to get it to work. thanks

jagerstaffel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I loaded that AKAIO from the R4 Ultra download onto my Acekard clone, and it doesn't work. The funny thing is, a message like "this may not be a genuine Acekard" comes up, despite the menu loading up already. Anyone else get that message?

FusionDragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i second that vorpalskate. iv been trying to find these files also. and sorry guy ^ that akaio 1. 8. 1 just gives me a black screen it doesnt say any message like that

FusionDragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i figured out how to do it with the help of retrogamefans files. go to page 3 of this thread on look at my post near bottom. hope that helps.
smile.gif
) >>>>http://gbatemp.net/t268844-golden-sun-dark-dawn-fix-needed-for-r4-sdhc?&st=30

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc