Weirdly enough, I have been working on this. I'm
not going to be editing AKAIO loaders. If anything, I will be building my own loaders using Wood R.P.G. Source as a starting point. Ideally, I would like a Wood-esque kernel for all AceKard clones.
I was looking at that horrible 'Galaxy Eagle' (http://ge.ndsi.in/index.html) which is an AK2i clone but has a heavily modified version of AKAIO 1.6 in it. I've looked at the files and they do load on my R4i Ultra, except the AKAIO 1.6 loaders included have been (re)encrypted so they don't load any games on 'clones of this clone of a clone'. (Well, Sonic Classics Collection (E) didn't boot).
The 'Galaxy Eagle' has pissed me off in a way I can't put into words and as a result, I have got more respect for the AKAIO team's work, (well, that and YWG's Wood, that guy rules) so the only way to do this is to do the right thing and start my own.
I still have my Bootstrap project on the go, as that was fun working out how flashcarts boot. If anyone wants it, I'm sure I can find it. I'm hoping someone with more coding skills than me will get involved with the loaders as I'm not great.
You've also got to understand that I've now got an AK2i, R4 (with wood) and an SCDSTwo as well as the R4i (not working very well), so my attention is elsewhere... (OT: NGPC Emulator and DSTwo plugins and skins).
ceteksretek said:
My R4i Ultra works with cracked AKAIO (dunno which akaio files are used in this firmware mix)
and some roms works and the other don't.
Works: GTA, Fifa 11, Ivy the kiwi
Just use super useful tool called (its top secret) Google.
Seek for r4uys.rar and U'll found some on the web or torrent.
Still nothig?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=r4uys.rar
Seek, Download, unrar, upload to SD.
All that fond was the R4i Ultra kernel. Nobody wants that! There's more interesting things to do with the R4i Ultra!
Sorry for the wall of text...
EDIT: Thank you exangel. I wanted to say something similar but whenever I try, it comes out all sweary and angry.