R4 Stage2 TWL Flashcart Launcher(and perhaps other cards soon™)....

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Apache Thunder, Feb 26, 2016.

1. jon2491

jon2491 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 14, 2014
    White screens with CycloDS in :/

2. FenrirWolf

FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 19, 2008
    United States
    Sandy, UT
    Probably need twl_firm patched on sysnand too

Last edited by FenrirWolf, Feb 26, 2016
  3. Apache Thunder
    OP

Apache Thunder I have cameras in your head!

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Levelland, Texas
    No. patched TWL_FIRM is only required for the nand you are booting from. So if using emunand, only emunand's TWL_FIRM needs to be patched. You'd only need to patch sysnand's version if you were going to launch it from sysnand. Unless you have A9L CFW, I don't recommend installing a prepatched CIA of TWL_FIRM to sysnand. It would prevent you from using DS/DSi stuff outside of CFW.

EDIT:

Ok. YSMenu for M3 adapters is ready:

YSMenuLauncher_M3.rar

It was using incompatible arm7 settings too so I had to change that. But this one boots to white screen, then top screen goes to black with the bottom screen dimming slightly. So this one is more promising. :P

Last edited by Apache Thunder, Feb 26, 2016
    FenrirWolf likes this.
  4. mungry

mungry GBAtemp Fan

Jul 29, 2015
    United States
    Excuse my ignorance, but does this release work with those carts that don't have a banner and just auto boot directly? EX. OG DS Action Replay

5. Apache Thunder
    OP

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Levelland, Texas
    No. This is specific to the flashcarts they were designed for. Do you have a rom dump of Action Replay? If I had one I might be able to get it working with a launcher. But the chances are low as I have not gotten rom dumps to boot their respective cards yet. :(

6. mungry

mungry GBAtemp Fan

Jul 29, 2015
    United States
    Okay. I don't have a rom dump and I have no idea on how I could attempt that. If I could dump the rom without any hardware modifications... I could send you it?

7. Teton

Teton GBAtemp Regular

Feb 13, 2010
    United States
    Paris, France
  8. Apache Thunder
    OP

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Levelland, Texas
    Currently you need a original DS or DS Lite to dump NTR cartridges. There's no rom dumpers (that are public) for the 3DS yet since cardswapping does not work in NTR/DSi mode on a 3DS.

The DAT file is encrypted. (The R4 Decryptor tool doesn't work on it by the way). Unless you can get a hold of the decrypted version, I can't use that. :(

Last edited by Apache Thunder, Feb 26, 2016
    mungry likes this.
  9. Arso

Arso Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2016
    France
    i will search as i can, i'm tired of this 4 day of testing ^^ i go sleep a little bit

10. ombus

ombus GBAtemp Fan

Dec 28, 2015
    United States
    well for me it doesnt work the one of wood r4 .. i get it to the menu of sd gba and folder but it looks weird and press a and a windows appears but nothing more.. i can cancel with b and move up and down but nothing more.. :(

11. Arso

Arso Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2016
    France
    that's mean that it can't read from the file from the sd card, can you format and put it the laste version of wood 1.6.2

12. Billy Acuña

Billy Acuña GBAtemp Addict

Oct 10, 2015
    Mexico
    Perhaps could this work on an old Action Replay?

13. Gocario

Gocario GBAFail'd

Sep 5, 2015
    France
    Bourg Palette
    If you mean that:
    it doesn't have any .cia in, only a .3ds

When you say installing in sysNAND and emuNAND, that would mean I need to install it twice, using the injected FBI (for emuNAND) and the FBI.3dsx (for sysNAND)?

14. Arso

Arso Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2016
    France
    all file are encrypted from the first to the last version of the firmware i'm sorry we can't do somethink about it

15. Apache Thunder
    OP

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Levelland, Texas
    Oops my bad. I added the CIA. Redownload the file to get the updated version. :P

16. Arso

Arso Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2016
    France
  17. human_kirby

human_kirby Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 10, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Did I forget something, or whya does it not work?:
    - installed latest rxtools on my 2ds 10.5
    - installed the wood r4 launcher on sys and emunand
    - installed the latest wood r4 firmware (1.6.1) on the r4 card, so the root of the micro sd consists of _rpg and _DS_MENU.DAT
    However, the R4 does not show up when I insert it (think this is normal on the 3ds), but when I try to start it, it gives me a "An Error ocurred screen", so did I miss anything? Also, my 3ds region is eur, im sure the cia does not have a region lock, but the more information the better

18. Arso

Arso Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2016
    France
    the last version it's the 1.6.2
    but the problem it's not this, you did a mistake on the setup, did you put the elf file on rxtools?

19. ombus

ombus GBAtemp Fan

Dec 28, 2015
    United States
    formated and put latest version of wood 1.6.2 with 1 game and still the same as before :( on my ds lite works fine. so its not something of the sd or r4 card i think

edit: tried to launch the r4 on the 3ds without the card and it apperas what i had before without the r4 inserted o.o ..

Last edited by ombus, Feb 26, 2016
  20. Arso

Arso Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2016
    France
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted