Homebrew R4 Stage2 TWL Flashcart Launcher(and perhaps other cards soon™)....

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Converted that to a launcher. Would like to see DSTT users try it out. Since R4 SDHC/R4 Upgrade Revolution is a clone of DSTT, it may work on those as well.

Wood4TTDS_Launcher.rar

I can confirm this is not working on my R4 Upgrade Revolution. Same thing happening before -> white screens first tehn the menu without text. Sorry :(

Excelsis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so I'm slowly starting to look at some stuff with my DSTT homebrew wise and it seems like some cards need some sort of special init to work:
IMG_20160313_164955440.png

if I start this up on my original DS it can init FAT just fine but on 3ds it gives me an error...

Had the exact same thing yesterday as I was messing around with my M3 and a bunch of different kernels and such. I'm willing to test things but sadly I'm no coder so it makes things kind of hard to do on my own.

darklinkpower

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Last edited by darklinkpower,

Politican

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll need to use a nightly build or compile rxTools yourself. The release builds on github are NOT nightly builds.
I see. Thanks for the quick reply. I have the thing running on my 3ds but I cant get into emunand to patch the TWL. I get the error "failed to load NATIVE_FIRM: -1". I have the firmware file downloaded. any idea what I might be missing?

Spewpa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Have a R4 SDHC (from, like 7 years ago). None of these launchers have worked for me so far. I get White/Black screens or a Textless Wood menu. The card works fine on my DS Lite though. About to try with YSMenuR4SDHC launcher!
EDIT: The following message shows up on my 3DS's bottom screen:
"Yasu Software - YSMenu
http://www.usay.jp/
build: YASU Mar 27 2009 00:03:39
Error: can't fatInitDefault"

Last edited by Spewpa,

didaho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, i have a new3ds arm9/aureinand and a m3 ds real. I downloaded and installed following the steps of this thread but always have a error black screen when i try to run it, what's wrong? :S

ZeCroque

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, i have a new3ds arm9/aureinand and a m3 ds real. I downloaded and installed following the steps of this thread but always have a error black screen when i try to run it, what's wrong? :S

You must use one of the latest nightlies of rxTools (not the release version from gitHub) or you must patch TWL_firm on emunand (you'll fin the patched TWL_firm on that iso site). Note that using an old release of rxTools can conflict with your patched TWL_firm so either update/use reiNand or whatever. Then you must install the Wood m3 launcher on both sysnand and emunand and make sure you're using the latest woodM3 kernel. If it's still not working, test on a NDSL, that's probably the card's fault :)

Reactions: Politican

Politican

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You must use one of the latest nightlies of rxTools (not the release version from gitHub) or you must patch TWL_firm on emunand (you'll fin the patched TWL_firm on that iso site). Note that using an old release of rxTools can conflict with your patched TWL_firm so either update/use reiNand or whatever. Then you must install the Wood m3 launcher on both sysnand and emunand and make sure you're using the latest woodM3 kernel. If it's still not working, test on a NDSL, that's probably the card's fault :)
So I'm actually past trying to use rx tools. I just install aurora wrights patched TWL_firm on sysnand. it will not let me install to emunand. the same is true of the m3 cart launcher except that icon shows up in emunand anyway. ALso Ive tested the cart on the ds #NotDeadYet lol

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Ok very good news. I have gotten DSTT to work! I received a DSTT in the mail donated to me by a member here. I've tried out a few launchers and found one that seems to work. "ttreset.dat" found in the TTMenu folder (for YSMenu specifically). This was in fact an SRL, so I slapped a DSi Extended header to it and converted it to CIA (it doesn't even need an arm7 patch!). It seems to boot games just fine. Was able to boot Pokemon Black just fine so if it boots that, it should boot just about anything. :D

This is YSMenu by the way. I have not tested it with other kernels.

DSTT_Launcher.rar

Video:

I'll add this to the main post as a confirmed working cart! :D

@FIX94 , You should give it a try just to make sure. It works with the DSTT cart I have but a second opinion is always good to have. :D

Also, R4 SDHC users, give this a shot too! It may work with those too! The version of YSMenu I used was actually for R4 SDHC orginally. R4 SDHCs are all clones of the DSTT, so they may work with this as well! :D

EDIT: Alternate kernels confirmed working. I got WoodTTDS to work. Just use a different TTMENU.sys on your DSTT's MicroSD card to use a different kernel. You aren't constrained to using YSMenu. ;)

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

Spewpa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Just tried this launcher with my R4 SDHC, both with my own_DS_MENU.dat and the one provided in the download. Stuck on a white loading screen in both cases :C

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: hey sylv? do you know why gameyob crashes on the EZP?