Homebrew R4 Stage2 TWL Flashcart Launcher(and perhaps other cards soon™)....

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Yeah the "release" build on Github is too old. You need a nightly build newer then that one to get all the TWL_FIRM patches. The last patch that allowed using null sigs was the one that's needed and all my newer SRLs use NULL sigs instead of copying existing retail sigs. So that patch is needed which the 3.0 beta2 release build does not have.

Expliciate

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Installed TWL_FIRM patches on emuNAND, installed the cia for wood r4 on both sysNAND and emuNAND.
I ran the app on emuNAND and ended up with this screen.

Tried the wood r4 files along with this:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/retrogamefan-updates-releases.267243/

Any ideas?
Photo 2016-03-11, 4 48 33 PM.jpgPhoto 2016-03-11, 4 49 04 PM.jpg

LiquidFenrir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

Excelsis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I saw the only available version of WoodM3 on Filetrip seems to be older than the last released one, so here it is. https://mega.nz/#!mlFyUKAZ!IaN7_YKjVEjAoV9eJWpvduQhiP7b1SieHyePDjY8Kdo
I'm pretty sure this is the last release. Not sure how much of a different it will make, but I'm sure there's others who'd rather be on the latest version regardless.

Cheats can be added by creating a cheats folder in __rpg and using RetroGameFan's DAT update's usrcheat.dat.

Mind this is for the M3DS Real. I'm pretty sure it doesn't work on other flashcarts.

Last edited by Excelsis,

AkGBA

Nope
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Jk, it appears the card is dead LOL.
Just tried it on the DS Lite and it doesn't detect.
Though wasn't surprised considering its like 8 years old

Just bought a new 2gb microsd for my ol' R4. Now it works like a charm. So maybe it's your sd card too. Try loading it in your OS and see if you can browse its files.
If you plan on buying a new one, don't take a sdhc or sdxc. R4 only works with regular sd, so max 2gb.

yenzus93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
working itouchds m3 launcher, problem not working games higher 64 mb and high, games 32 mb working in itouchDS launcher m3, solution please games high 64 mb:

edit: white screen booting games 64 mb and high

Attachments

• Picture 3.jpg
    Picture 3.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 173
  • Picture 4.jpg
    Picture 4.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 175
Last edited by yenzus93,

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I saw the only available version of WoodM3 on Filetrip seems to be older than the last released one, so here it is. https://mega.nz/#!mlFyUKAZ!IaN7_YKjVEjAoV9eJWpvduQhiP7b1SieHyePDjY8Kdo
I'm pretty sure this is the last release. Not sure how much of a different it will make, but I'm sure there's others who'd rather be on the latest version regardless.

Cheats can be added by creating a cheats folder in __rpg and using RetroGameFan's DAT update's usrcheat.dat.

Mind this is for the M3DS Real. I'm pretty sure it doesn't work on other flashcarts.

Ok test this out. I converted that to a launcher. (other M3 users can test to see if it works with their cards)

WoodM3_DSReal_Launcher.rar

yenzus93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
apache thunder white screen itouchds and m3ds real, not working 2ds sd 2gb fat16, m3 launcher v1 working itouch and dont working my m3 real ds.

edit: working games random itouch ds m3 launcher wood v1

Attachments

• Picture 5.jpg
    Picture 5.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 156
Last edited by yenzus93,

Excelsis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok test this out. I converted that to a launcher. (other M3 users can test to see if it works with their cards)

WoodM3_DSReal_Launcher.rar

White screens here as well. I don't think it's gonna work either because it seems to skip M3's loading sequences.

I mostly posted that for those using your currently working M3 launcher so they can have the latest version of WoodM3, as it works fine with that.

Excelsis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No worries. I was wondering though, is it possible that your M3 Launcher is starting up in DSi mode, and is it possible to run in plain DS mode? As I'm having issues with some DSi games. I've gotten around those issue by launching a regular game and soft resetting into WoodM3 and launching the problem games, but I'm wondering if there'd be a way to fix that since that issue isn't present on my DSLite. That'd allow us to launch straight to YSMenu also.

I THINK DSi mode might be the issue but I'm not 100% certain.

alex61194

Trophies
XP
Country
Oooh...Thought it was something you wanted converted to a launcher. :P

I've posted the link to your latest WoodM3 on the main post.
hey i have the same problem as the user some post above with the launcher that you did i can play games of less than 32 mb but if have more wont launch

Excelsis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey i have the same problem as the user some post above with the launcher that you did i can play games of less than 32 mb but if have more wont launch

Did you try launching a small ROM, soft-resetting (L+R+A+B+Down) and then launching a bigger one?

I think you might be onto something though, I first thought it was DSi ROMs that were the issue but now that you mentionned it, it seems like the issue is with some ROMs that are 64MB+. Only a handful of larger ROMs are white screening on my end after testing them all out. Of the ones that white screen for me, all of them have some form of AP, although my ROMs are AP patched so that shouldn't be an issue.

E: For some really weird reason Children of Mana boots fine on Sakura. Only game so far I've managed to boot into with something other than WoodM3/W+Ysmenu workaround.

Last edited by Excelsis,

alex61194

Trophies
XP
Country
Did you try launching a small ROM, soft-resetting (L+R+A+B+Down) and then launching a bigger one?

I think you might be onto something though, I first thought it was DSi ROMs that were the issue but now that you mentionned it, it seems like the issue is with some ROMs that are 64MB+.
no, i will test it

Excelsis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Shot in the dark for those with a DSTT, just found Wood4TT 1.25, might work like it did for those with a M3.

Attachments

• Wood4TT.1.25.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 173

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lesbians invented babies +2