Homebrew R4 Stage2 TWL Flashcart Launcher(and perhaps other cards soon™)....

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Yeah someone else tested this as well and confirmed it doesn't work. I already ordered an R4, so in 3-5 days I will have one to test on. Unless there's a new breakthrough with getting the other launchers working, my attention will be towards the original R4 in this thread.

alex61194

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah someone else tested this as well and confirmed it doesn't work. I already ordered an R4, so in 3-5 days I will have one to test on. Unless there's a new breakthrough with getting the other launchers working, my attention will be towards the original R4 in this thread.
the r4 sdhc?

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
the r4 sdhc?

No. On the regular R4. I'm pretty sure it won't boot an R4-SDHC though since it was a rom of an original R4.

Hi, anyone knows if the gateway blue card can work on emunand? I use r9lh. Thanks

Gateway blue card works without using launchers. Just have patched TWL_FIRM and it will work. That or downgrade DS Cart White list. That works too.

royant1

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
No. On the regular R4. I'm pretty sure it won't boot an R4-SDHC though since it was a rom of an original R4.

Gateway blue card works without using launchers. Just have patched TWL_FIRM and it will work. That or downgrade DS Cart White list. That works too.

Thanks!

dbzkamehameha

Trophies
XP
Country

yes it runs like any nds flashcard, the only problem is that it won't run in emunand and if you play it on sysnand, it will remove the gateway exploit.

WallK

Get off my lawn
Trophies
XP
Country
I just can't express my gratitude, really! Just completed 999 and got to the Virtue's Last Reward without running around with two systems. Oh, where to get more free time to complete DS backlog, eh

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I'm using what I believe is an original r4. My friend gave it to me and the label is worn down, so I'm not 100% sure, but it only works on my DS Lite and has no banner. I installed the cia of the v2 patched TWL. I've tested both the first launcher linked in this thread and the last launcher linked (wood r4 and wood r4 dsi mode). And every time It'll boot to this screen and just stop.

View attachment 40472

If I press A, this happens

View attachment 40471

No theme shows, no text shows, and I can't launch anything. I can't even navigate my files. Any idea what's up with this? I"m using the latest wood firmware (1.62). I also have an r4i-sdhc 1.4.3 and it does the exact same thing.

EDIT: I see a v3 was posted while I was typing, I'll try that one really quick.
EDIT 2: Same results.
Delete the global ini file and try aga8n

alex61194

Trophies
XP
Country
how can i use this in arm9loaderhax? it dont load the patches or something i think can someone link me the white list?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey retest with these new launchers. They are the ones you previously tried, but with the new arm7 patches:

EZFlashV_Launcher.rar

Also redid N-Card and Super Card DSone launchers:

DSOne_Launcher.rar
NCard_Launchers.rar

Maybe the R4 still needs a _DS_MENU.dat file to be present for it to work. Just install WoodR4 _DS_MENU.dat file to MicroSD card and try again.
Can u make it easier on the users and update the OP with latest launchers?

Excelsis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright did some test launchers for that one. Let me know how it goes:

M3DSReal_Launchers.rar

Odd, this time using v1 I can get into games using WoodM3, success!
Last time I tried it wouldn't work. Although now I'm on A9LH but I doubt that'd make any difference...?

E: Kind of buggy though, some newer games don't work. Also, booting into YSMenu doesn't work either; although it goes further than usual.

Last edited by Excelsis,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: BO1 is good, all 3 modes are good in that game