Homebrew R4 Stage2 TWL Flashcart Launcher(and perhaps other cards soon™)....

Jay Clay

Trophies
XP
Country
I just plugged my really old r4 (http://r4i.ndsi.in) chinese clone with latest r4wood ys firmware into my new 3ds menuhax|luma3ds before I decided to install this stuff, wow it just run smoothly without install anything, wonder why this is possible, by the way I am so happy I can play ds castlevanias and tetris ds (since tetris ultimate just sucks) so I was wondering, can I use this launcher to change the ugly icon his old r4 has?

Reactions: Apache Thunder

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just plugged my really old r4 (http://r4i.ndsi.in) chinese clone with latest r4wood ys firmware into my new 3ds menuhax|luma3ds before I decided to install this stuff, wow it just run smoothly without install anything, wonder why this is possible, by the way I am so happy I can play ds castlevanias and tetris ds (since tetris ultimate just sucks) so I was wondering, can I use this launcher to change the ugly icon his old r4 has?
What ugly icon?

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Original R4 didn't have a proper icon at all and newer ones used a random game to exploit the boot process. You'd have to modify the internal rom being used by the flashcarts to alter the icon they show on the home menu. Original R4 doesn't even show up on home menu without the region free patches today's CFW's use. The best you can hope for is the icons the stage2 launchers have. But as for the carts themselves, you can't really change their icons. :(

Reactions: Jay Clay

Jay Clay

Trophies
XP
Country
What ugly icon?

well, it is from a ds game, "deep labyrinth" Digital bros, I think it is an rpg ds game, but I would like to launch this old r4 with a nice icon, just like this apache launcher, but maybe I can mess with something in my emunand?

Jay Clay

Trophies
XP
Country
Original R4 didn't have a proper icon at all and newer ones used a random game to exploit the boot process. You'd have to modify the internal rom being used by the flashcarts to alter the icon they show on the home menu. Original R4 doesn't even show up on home menu without the region free patches today's CFW's use. The best you can hope for is the icons the stage2 launchers have. But as for the carts themselves, you can't really change their icons. :(

thanks for your answer, yeah I think I won't do anything with the flashcard itself, but try to launch the r4 with your stage2 launcher (just for the nice icon) and just hide the original r4 icon banner (random ds game).

fran100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an R4 SDHC. What files should I use to get this to work on my a9lh 11.0 luma3ds 5.5 3ds?

r4-sdhc-black-box.jpg

Azray

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Apache Thunder,

Loving the work you're doing with this! Truly awesome.

I was wondering if you knew if the original DS Edge card would work with this? If I'm not mistaken it's basically a cyclone card. It would be fantastic if you could make it work for this card or point me in the right direction!

Here's a link to the contents that are on the SD for the EDGE card to work if this helps:http://speedy.sh/M49m4/Edge-Card.rar

Many thanks! :)

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
The Edge.dat file is the only thing that might be usable. But it's using an unknown encryption. Perhaps someone made a decryptor for it. Unless you can find it, there's nothing I can do with those files. You can try dumping the rom of the Edge instead using wooddumper:

WoodDumper_DSiWare.rar

Note however you need a passme device of some kind to properly init the card since you can't normally eject and reinsert a card once in TWL/NTR mode.

However I noticed with R4 and DSTT that if you make Wooddumper retry init a lot eventually it will do it successfully. (just make sure it's inserted when you boot up woodumper else it will never work). So maybe this can be done with Edge as well. If the Edge card pretends to be a game (has some random game as it's icon in home menu), then this is unlikely to work and you'll need a passme device to dump it.

Be sure to check CRC after words. If the CRC doesn't change on multiple checks, it will dump a valid rom. If the CRC changes everytime you check it, retry card init and check again as you'll just be wasting time dumping a rom I can't use.

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

HighMans

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all! I'm currently playing games on my r4 on my 3DS through the TTDS launcher here. The issue I am having is that the microphone doesn't work at all (it isn't broken). The game I am trying to play is mario party ds.

oapes

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I found this old thing here, it came with my 3ds for free, hasnt been updated nor supported since v4.5-somenthing, does it work with this?
piece of shit.jpg

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country
Does R4i v1.4 (r4i-sdhc.com) work on any of the CIA launchers?
It should do; I have the model below it (without i; without 1.4) and that works.

I will need to double check that it works with the official firmware (+ files from #1) though; as I downloaded a different set of firmware files from elsewhere.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER