Hacking R4 Skins!

mavis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any size restriction on the uploads? So people don't start to... upload other stuff other than skinsÂ
rolleyes.gif

Yes, there are size restrictions ...
wink.gif

kiruyama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, just uploaded my ToS skin, might make more (different characters) if I get some requests.

1168303804_NDSL_Template.jpg

Edit: Blah, it doesn't like my filename since I used brackets so here's the ugly hyperlink:

http://mavisxp.com/r4/skins/1168303804_%5b...2).rar]Download

oh, just a quick suggestion. when browsing r4/skins/, could you make it so that it displays the preview image rather than just list it? Just a way to spice things up. Thanks for the great file hosting by the way,
smile.gif

mavis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
oh, just a quick suggestion. when browsing r4/skins/, could you make it so that it displays the preview image rather than just list it? Just a way to spice things up. Thanks for the great file hosting by the way,
smile.gif

No worries on the hosting, I'm happy to help.
wink.gif

I'd also be happy to get some ideas on the browsing thing ... Any idea on how I could set that up?

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Try this Mavis.
In addition you will need 5 images:
first.gif
next.gif
home.gif
back.gif
newest.gif

(no need to have them to try out the code, but add them later)

Although this won't make the images clickable for download, it is a good start to display them.
Keep the php file in this dir
http://www.mavisxp.com/r4/

However, the images need to be three digits to be displayed, 001.jpg, 002.jpg etc.
png,gif and jpg are supported.

CODE

digital_sin

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
actually i was looking into that as soon as i saw the skins directory. I'm looking for free php scripts/templates that will list images as thumbnails and the pic's/skin's name under it, and when you click the picture it downloads the skin.

I'll try to see what i can find.

mavis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Try this Mavis.
In addition you will need 5 images:
first.gif
next.gif
home.gif
back.gif
newest.gif

(no need to have them to try out the code, but add them later)

Although this won't make the images clickable for download, it is a good start to display them.
Keep the php file in this dir
http://www.mavisxp.com/r4/

However, the images need to be three digits to be displayed, 001.jpg, 002.jpg etc.
png,gif and jpg are supported.

That's really cool - thanks for posting this!!! I will try this out tonight (it is now 5:30AM and I'm on my way to work) but I need to find a way to overcome the 001.jpg thing - I'm sure it could be modified somehow to work with my naming structure but I have no idea how ...
wink.gif

Anyway thanks again, it's really cool to have people like you helping out with this!!
biggrin.gif

mavis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
actually i was looking into that as soon as i saw the skins directory. I'm looking for free php scripts/templates that will list images as thumbnails and the pic's/skin's name under it, and when you click the picture it downloads the skin.

I'll try to see what i can find.

That would be very cool - thanks!! I'm a total PHP n00b, so the easier it is for me to implement, the better ...
wink.gif

Thanks again!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.