Hacking R4 Shell

Goofy Time

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard that recently, the R4 came out with a new shell. I have an older one, so what I wanted to exactly, was...what exactly is changed with this new design, is it worth getting, and where I can get it?

Sorry if I am asking an old question, but I have a growing interest in it if it prevents stuff like the spring issue and the like.

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I heard that recently, the R4 came out with a new shell. I have an older one, so what I wanted to exactly, was...what exactly is changed with this new design, is it worth getting, and where I can get it?

Sorry if I am asking an old question, but I have a growing interest in it if it prevents stuff like the spring issue and the like.

It has no spring.. Thats about it, if you want to include the new look.

I don't think Springs break on themselves, probably just user mistreatment? My Old-spring R4 has never failed me.

Goofy Time

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I certainly want one that would have a less probability of screwing up.

Especially considering Nintendo recently went after a manufacturer of DS Flash carts. I don't want to be stuck with one that doesn't work.

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, I certainly want one that would have a less probability of screwing up.

Especially considering Nintendo recently went after a manufacturer of DS Flash carts. I don't want to be stuck with one that doesn't work.

What does Nintendo raiding a Flashcart manufacturer have to do with you getting stuck with an R4DS that doesn't work?

Don't quote me on this
tongue.gif
, but I'm pretty sure the factory that was shut down by Nintendo made the CycloDS Evolution.

~Nero

Goofy Time

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh, I'm just saying that IF I have to get a new one due to mine getting messed up, I don't want to be "sorry out of luck we don't make anymore lulz"

So if the redesigned shell helps, I do want that,

Where can I order it?

Ryjuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi,

Today I got the new R4DS with new shell shipped by DealExtreme. Ofcourse I was happy that I got the new shell but then I noticed something weird about the new shell. On the back of the shell where you see the golden thing of the card, it didnt got a plastic grid like the other cards, i think it sounds a little weird but ill explain it with a picture:

r4nogridzf6.jpg

As you see, a normal DS gamecard (left) has a plastic grid, if i remember well the old shell of the R4 also has these. As you can see there is no plastic grid on the new shell.

My question is if this is done with purpose or did i just got a bad card?

PS. The R4 self works fine but just wondering why they left it away cause it seems it is more vulnerable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...