Hacking R4 SDHC

Tomf12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, I just had to reformat my SD card and I can't remember what version of AKAIO will work on the R4 Ultra SDHC which is a Acekard clone, I'm using AKAIO because basicly the R4 ultra firmware sucks and I could never get Ysmenu to work, so my question is, what is the latest version that will work on clone cards, also on a side note what would be the best place to buy an Acekard 2? I was gonna get one from deal extreme but they dissapeared
EDIT: the topic should read R4 Ultra not R4 SDHC

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If memory serves me correct AKAIO v1.4.1 was the last version compatible with R4 Ultra. Pretty sure that subsequent versions are 'blocked' from working on AK clones.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zetadragon90 said:
This dude lied to you, actually there is a version of akaio 1.5 hacked for clones. Download it here:
*snippity*

You can even use wii connectivity with pokemon battle revolution and it works with all the latest games.(the mods may delete the link because they are Normatt lovers and Normatt hates clone users)

It's because no one wants good software to be on shitty cards. Seriously. If you want to use AKAIO, get a goddamn Acekard.

zetadragon90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting an Acekard is not as easy as ordering a pizza, what if Acekard is not sold where you live?
Also I dont know why Normatt whines so much because someone hacked his firmware, he is the king of pirates after all. Isn't it ironic?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If Acekard clones are allowed to be sold and have active firmware updates (hacked AKAIO), then Acekard loses business and dies, going the way of the R4.

zetadragon90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Peple should think more of helping the biggest part of the community of flash cart users (clone users), than helping acekard to monopolize the market.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zetadragon90 said:
Peple should think more of helping the biggest part of the community of flash cart users (clone users), than helping acekard to monopolize the market.

Stop being a moron. People buying clones = the real cardmakers losing money. Why would we help clone users with clones? It's a pointless thing to do. And Acekard isn't the only one you can get, just the best for the money. Biggest bang for the buck. Besides. R4 has a bit of a monopoly. Why not let Acekard take it over?

Learn some sense, plz.
lecture.gif

zetadragon90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I admit that acekard 2i is the best card you can get (I have one mysleft), Its not like people buy clones deliberately to screw the real cart makers, its just that they are new to flash carts and they dont know which flash cart is the best and they buy what they can afford. I dont think its fair that they can not play the latest games just for that or because acekard is not sold where they live. I am just trying to help the poor clone users and save them from having to waste more money buying a better flash card.

Posts merged

You can delete the links if you want but everytime I see a poor clone user asking for a better firmware I will help them by pm.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zetadragon90 said:
Nothing good comes out of supporting clone manufacturers. They do not create new flash carts with more features, like the Acekard team does; they just take what's already there and reproduce it, causing the people who actually do innovative work to lose out on money.

QUOTE(zetadragon90 @ Mar 9 2010, 01:54 PM) Its not like people buy clones deliberately to screw the real cart makers, its just that they are new to flash carts and they dont know which flash cart is the best and they buy what they can afford.
It's a shame that this is usually what happens, but telling them soon enough to purchase a legitimate card might give them enough time to return the clone.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You cannot bring fairness into this. ROM's are illegal(imc), thus not fair to the publisher/developers. Fair has nothing to do with it, at all. And people should still always do research before buying from online stores that they aren't sure of or haven't heard of before.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OK. Zetadragon, you live in the US like so many other members; I find it hard to believe you can't get an Acekard unless you've never heard of ordering one.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
zetadragon90 said:
Getting an Acekard is not as easy as ordering a pizza, what if Acekard is not sold where you live?
Also I dont know why Normatt whines so much because someone hacked his firmware, he is the king of pirates after all. Isn't it ironic?
Actually for me it was much easier than ordering Pizza, there are no Pizza places round here.

Normmatt codes an provides AKAIO for free, and I imagine in return just wants a little bit of recognition and not expect it to be hacked for crappy cards.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
zetadragon90 said:
You can delete the links if you want but everytime I see a poor clone user asking for a better firmware I will help them by pm.
Let's see if we can get this fool an IP BAN....that'll show our gratitude and undoubtedly destroy him! Anyone who really cares about the further development of AKAIO and the enhancement of Acekard brand (not R4, goddammit) , please PM a Mod A.S.A.P.
lecture.gif

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dark^'^Knight said:
zetadragon90 said:
Let's see if we can get this fool an IP BAN....that'll show our gratitude and undoubtedly destroy him! Anyone who really cares about the further development of AKAIO and the enhancement of Acekard brand (not R4, goddammit) , please PM a Mod A.S.A.P.
lecture.gif
I wouldn't worry he doesn't seem like the sharpest knife in the drawer.

If you were going to rob a bank, you wouldn't go and tell the bank beforehand.

To me his post looks like he's challenging a mod to ban him and i'm sure one will be more than tempted.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Unfortunately Mods seem to have decided to take the 'soft' option here, oh well
glare.gif

Apparently, it's okay to PM such stuff (and worse) without any consequences. With such a rubber stamp of approval, I wonder why the Mods don't sticky the modded AKAIO? [/sarcasm]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over