R4 SDHC v2.10T

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Steken, Apr 19, 2010.

Apr 19, 2010

R4 SDHC v2.10T by Steken at 9:06 PM (1,356 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Steken
    OP

Newcomer Steken Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hi folks - my first post but don't be put off. Had an R4 for years, SDCH variety, always read the forums but never felt the need to post before!

In-laws want me to get them an R4, so had a look on net to see who is selling them and came across this R4 SDCH v2.10T card. After looking around, it seems to be on sale both in Japan with some now in USA and Canada, but none in UK yet. Details can be found on www.r4sdhc.com and it makes some pretty big claims in that a number of the more recent 'problem' games have been remedied.

So my question is, does anyone know anything more on this card - is it a step forward?

2. injected11

Member injected11 Crescent Freshâ„¢

United States
    Don't buy anything with the letters "R4" on it. Acekard 2i is the cart with the best money:awesomeness ratio.

3. Steken
    OP

Newcomer Steken Newbie

United Kingdom
    Yes, I have picked up that the Acekard2 seems to be everyone's favourite!!

But to humour my interest, any info on the R4 SDHC v2.10t. By the fact that it seems to have its own specific kernel updates it would suggest that it is something new, and the chip photos do suggest a variation in design. I'm just hoping that some electronics genius can confirm either way!

4. bennyroger

Member bennyroger GBAtemp Regular

Norway
    This card is utter crap, they keep releasing new cards that need a specific firm, quality is VERY low. Btw: most of their cards are DSTT clones.
    If you absolutely need an R4 card look at R4RTS from R4rts.com this card have support and a team, or you could buy the hybrid clone from www.r4i-sdhc.com they release updates as long as the card is sold and have some sort of support.

Hope you take everybody's advice, you will regret it if you don't.

5. Dark^'^Knigh

Member Dark^'^Knigh GBAtemp Maniac

Australia

6. Steken
    OP

Newcomer Steken Newbie

United Kingdom
    Thanks for the info - you have worked me out well! I had thought of getting them one of these cards as I have an old SDHC myself and was thinking of telephone support!!

Not being one to ignore advice though, I have a new plan.

I will order myself an Acekard2, and the outlaws can have my old R4SDHC!

Solves everything!