Hacking R4 SDHC (Real-Time Save) 2018: Help with Installation

Devy-Kun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright. Before I go on, I should establish my setup for reference: I have a New 2ds XL with an 11.6.0-39U firmware. If there's one thing I hate more than anything, then it's being vague, so I'll be as descriptive as possible.

Anyway, I have what many call a 2018 r4(i) Dual-Core silver card. I've had this for a while now and it has worked fairly well until the New 2ds was brought into the equation. Due to some file-related tinkering, though, now the card doesn't work on my previous Old 3ds XL.

So, when I went about the "installation process", I came by what all these websites claim to be an 11.6 firmware, yet none of them seem to work. The logs even say 'last updated on x/xx/2017', or something along those lines. I've gone to multiple websites all about r4s, and they all have the same issue. What's also strange is that none of these sites list anything kernel-related in regards to this card specifically.

Anyway, the literal issue here is that after I've done all these steps (note, only related to firmware, as I described earlier), I insert the card into the 2ds, and nothing pops up. It simply tells me that no cartridge was even inserted.

All that said, are there any links to ACTUAL updated firmwares/kernels to this card in particular to download, or am I just fucked due to circumstances I'm not aware of. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• 20180531_150353_HDR.jpg
    20180531_150353_HDR.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 373
  • 20180531_150420_HDR.jpg
    20180531_150420_HDR.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 302
Last edited by Devy-Kun,

Monroy182

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Go to the website listed on your flashcart, and to the left on the UPDATES section, click on 2018-04-27 2017 R4ISDHC Dual-Core kernel Support 3DS V11.6.0-39. Then, choose the language version of the kernel for your card, download it and put the files on the root of your sd card

ClosetPerv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ouch, I just bought this from the store and it looks like the FW for the card indeed has been taken down... Buyers beware.

EDIT:
My firewall just caught the files... The firmware is live and Im happy :)

Last edited by ClosetPerv,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1