Hacking R4 SDHC , Big problem and sad sis!

boktor666

Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello GBAtemp'ers.

Today, my sister asked me to install new software on her r4sdhc card. It has a 4gb kingston micro sd. When i put the software on the card, and restarted, it gave a huge loading screen, and got stuck. I tried installing v1.25 of official firmware, but it says: THIS IS FAKE!!. Shocked by this, I looked at the box of the R4 SDHC, and saw this weird site: www.r4new.com???? I thought: oh bugger. So, went to the site, got firmware, insterted, and NOTHING. then i use v1.23 official from the original r4team site from sdhc, and says: THIS IS FAKE!! again.

After expirimenting with a lot of others of firmware (v1.19, even r4 autoys) all failed to now. To clarify, it doesnt give me a boot menu. Then i noticed that there was a _AX_MENU.DAT file on it left. I wonderd what it was. So, I came to you guys.

It cant auto boot, but still is active, (IDK if this card is bricked, but micro sd is just fine) giving me the fake message of the epic loading stuck.
hate2.gif

Before the software was changed, i used a v1.23. I dont know where its from, because it was pre-installed on TF. LAME. Help me GBAtemp, my sister is sad cuz it could be broken, and i promised i would fix it.

Be kind, hope you guys can help me! (no off-topic plz)

---Not sure if its right topic in here, since im kind of new, feel free to move to appropriate if not correct)

Again the website on the box of the R4SDHC: http://www.r4new.com (it could be a clone of a clone, but she boutght it, not me)

(If not be fixed, give me alternative firmware solutions , if its possible) Thanks.

boktor666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Shorkio said:
Try Wood R4 firmware

Wow! that was epicly fast. I dont think Wood R4 will work, since R4 SDHC isnt a real R4 or 1:1 clone. SDHC is designed to handle more GB cards, thus making it clone. Thanks for the suggestion though, anyone else any idea??

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
boktor666 said:
Shorkio said:
Try Wood R4 firmware

Wow! that was epicly fast. I dont think Wood R4 will work, since R4 SDHC isnt a real R4 or 1:1 clone. SDHC is designed to handle more GB cards, thus making it clone. Thanks for the suggestion though, anyone else any idea??

no wood will not work on clone

boktor666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
RoMee said:
the firmware hasn't been updated in 5 months
and it's 1.35..where did you get the 1.25 from?
its not 1.25, it actually was PRE INSTALLED with 1.23. Idk where it is from, since she got it that way lol. I'm blank, out of optionen.thats options. lol fast reply's ftw
yaywii.gif

Posts merged

QUOTE(Kajdan @ Oct 13 2010, 08:26 PM) try this one.

[url=http://filetrip.net/f21042-R4iGold-1-14b-English.html]http://filetrip.net/f21042-R4iGold-1-14b-English.html[/url]

If this works, you should PM me... I'll help you out.

Gonna try it, lets see if it will work!

boktor666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
boktor666 said:
RoMee said:
its not 1.25, it actually was PRE INSTALLED with 1.23. Idk where it is from, since she got it that way lol. I'm blank, out of optionen.thats options. lol fast reply's ftw
yaywii.gif

Posts merged

[url=http://filetrip.net/f21042-R4iGold-1-14b-English.html]http://filetrip.net/f21042-R4iGold-1-14b-English.html[/url]

Doesnt work, giving me the epic loading screen again. Whats next? (bump)

samjef11

Trophies
XP
Country
boktor666 said:
boktor666 said:
RoMee said:
yaywii.gif

Posts merged

Doesnt work, giving me the epic loading screen again. Whats next? (bump)
buy a acekard 2i or supercard dstwo from shoptemp.net

boktor666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
RoMee said:
well the site you posted said the latest firmware is 1.35
you should try that
Been there, seen it, done it. It's giving nothing at all. How is it possible that its not working after an official site update. The thing must be in poor shape. I cant get it to boot the menu. Oh boy, stupid world of clones. There could be a possiblilty left, anyone? Pleae?

Btw i didnt format the tf card. Is that whats causing problems?

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
boktor666 said:
RoMee said:
well the site you posted said the latest firmware is 1.35
you should try that
Been there, seen it, done it. It's giving nothing at all. How is it possible that its not working after an official site update. The thing must be in poor shape. I cant get it to boot the menu. Oh boy, stupid world of clones. There could be a possiblilty left, anyone? Pleae?

Btw i didnt format the tf card. Is that whats causing problems?

won't hurt to try

ShinyLatios

Not Quite There Yet
Trophies
Website
www.eonaegis.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I sent you another 2 firmwares for you to try! you could have the same clone like my bro's buddy. in that case, I can get you a good firmware, compatible with latest games!

By the way, if you can do it, try opening your card and making a picture of it!

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
WTF i updated my R4-SDHC from R4i-SDHC.com to 1.27b and it said fake card send back to retailer.
When i put it in the PC it just shows up as Removable Disc and when i click it it says Please insert a device into F:

boktor666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
FireGrey said:
WTF i updated my R4-SDHC from R4i-SDHC.com to 1.27b and it said fake card send back to retailer.
When i put it in the PC it just shows up as Removable Disc and when i click it it says Please insert a device into F:

I had some similliar too. To bad it happend that way...

But

(srry for tha caps)I MANAGED TO FIND THE OLD FIRMWARE, FINALLY! IT WORKS AGAIN! My sis is totally overjoyed! Tnx for all the help you guys managed to give me.

For those with the same problem: The r4sdhc cards from www.r4new.com (its on the box) function through certain files only. I'll be sure to upload the working r4 new firmware to Filetrip. AGAIN THANKS!!

Ill let you know when upload is done!

(thnx Linfoxdomain, after trying 100 firmwares, literally)

BTW, this card i have is a bit strange. It ONLY exclusivly works with 1.23 it seems. Mabey cuz its an old model card, but it only works when _AX_MENU.DAT is in the root, together with the corresonding firmware. Any ideas why?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool