Hacking R4 Pocket 3DS firmware...HELP!

DannyAwesome1104

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If any one is looking at this thread, PLEASE HELP ME!
I have an R4 3DS POCKET w/the firmware from www.r4issdhc.com. I also have the RGF (RetroGameFan Update) 6.94 w/the DAT_s_v6038. I had a DSi w/the version 1.4.3, & it was working perfectly, but as soon as I updated it to the v1.4.4; it stopped working. How can I update my firmware, or which firmware should I use? I know this is a clone, but I still want to play on it like before.
Please answer!
Thanks!

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
http://gbatemp.net/topic/315784-flash-carts-and-dsi3ds-updates/
RGF and such aren't firmware, the firmware is inside the cart, and firmwares for carts are not interchangeable.

You WILL need to go to the site printed on your cart and get the DSi 1.4.4 firmware update file from there and run it. Let me run over that in order.

1 - You will need to get the update from your cart's site. If there is no update on the site, then there is no update, and your cart can't be updated and will not work on your DSi ever again.
2 - You will need to run the update as if it was a game. This means you need to be able to start the cart up, which means that you need to do this on some type of DS that still runs the cart, since yours won't (until it's been updated).

No there is not another way to do it, before you ask. You shouldn't have updated.

DannyAwesome1104

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Oops, sorry. I'll say kernels instead of firmwares from now on.
When I look at the site, it says exactly this: "Support 3DS v4.301, NDSi v1.44, 1.45c". I kinda took the risk of updating, & IT WAS MOT WORTH IT!!! (you're right; shouldn't have updated it :(). It's supposed to work since it says v1.44 (& 1.45c), shouldn't it? I ran the update file on my bro's DSi (thankfully he hasn't updated it), but it didn't work on mine after that! Am I doing it wrong, or it was just a lie about the v1.44?
If this doesn't work, I have heard that the kernel from www.r4ids.cn works on this flashcart. Do you know if this true? If it does work, that might solve my problems...
Thanks 4 answering back, & hopefully you'll answer back again!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1