Hacking R4 not saving?

Lanlan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my r4 sometimes has problems with saving. a recent example is on heartgold, i saved right in front of brock, beat him, and saved again, and quit. when i loaded it again, he wasn't defeated. do i have to save twice? does it have something to do with exiting using L+R+A+B+↓?

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
What type of R4 is your card?
Are you using the game clean or patched? If clean, have you tried patching the game?

Exiting using soft-reset has nothing to do with the game not saving. I exit games all the time using soft-reset.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
the soft reset combination (L+R+A+B+↓) seems like wood r4's; I'm assuming it's the original r4 or a 1:1 clone.

Try disabling any cheat codes that are activated. Also what are the other games that are having problems?

Lanlan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just a normal r4 with the latest wood. and it did it on lost in blue too. i don't have any cheats or anything active, and i've only had the problem like 3 times.
i'm assuming they're clean dumps, i trimmed em with rominator

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
dylanlanphear said:
just a normal r4 with the latest wood. and it did it on lost in blue too. i don't have any cheats or anything active, and i've only had the problem like 3 times.
i'm assuming they're clean dumps, i trimmed em with rominator
I've heard that trimming can sometimes cause this problem.

NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Now with extra redundancy!
Trophies
XP
Country
Trimming can cause it, and so can missing/moved files OR an SD needing a format. Try Panasonic SD formatter, redownloading Wood 1.30 (and upgrading if you're on 1.29 or below) and a new clean (untrimmed) rom.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since