Hacking R4 III upgrade revolution definite clone/can it work?

dedsnags

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have searched everywhere including these forums and have seen all the "noobs"; which does include me; posting there stuck in loading screen problems with these R4 clones. My sister gave me an older used ds (not lite) and I thought my 4 year old boy would love it. Had heard of the R4 cards and googled to buy one and the first site I saw was D**LEXTR**E. R4 III upgrade revolution for ds. Ordered it and three weeks later it is here. The site said they stopped giving out the discs and when mine arrived it had a disc. So I tried that, nothing. I tried the site that the box said www.r4dsl.net, nothing. I have tried different language ones, I have tried ones from different sites that claim to be the cloned firmware. Nothing. Stuck in loading screen. I am far and away not very good with all this stuff, but I can read and can operate a computer and have done a few other things like with a wii that may constitute a knowledge with some of this stuff. Google is pretty deep and informative. However, I cant get this thing to work and I am wondering if this card is any good at all. I bought a 4GB san disk micro sdhc card from best buy thinking a reputible place would sell good cards. Is the micro sd card bad, is the R4 III clone card bad? Or I am just an idiot that is missing some detail. I have put more system, moonshl, ds mshl nds, ds menu.dat files on this thing than I care to mention. Everytime I try a new one should I be deleting the old one or just overwriting. Everytime Ive downloaded these files the ds menu one comes up and says its a windows media file. Is that correct? Am I deleting off the sd card wrong everytime. My boy is sick this week and home all day and looking for some mario action on his new/used ds. Please help me give that too him and please be gentle with my dope azz. Thanks in advance for any help.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Are you trying to use original R4 firmware on it? I lose track of all these "r4" branded clones but it's possible that the R4-III is actually a clone of a different card (the DSTT maybe?) so firmware from the original R4 wont work on it. When you say
QUOTE said:
I tried the site that the box said www.r4dsl.net, nothing.

Do you mean you couldn't get the firmware off the site or you tried the r4-III firmware and it didn't work?

dedsnags

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The box that it came in and the site that sells this card say that this is compatible with sdhc 4-32gb. The site and the box have web addresses for the firmware which I went to and tried. The site also said there would be no cd with this order as you can now just go to the site. I tried the cd anyway. No luck. I did delete everything off everytime. I have formatted card from just FAT to FAT32. Tried both. Nada. Keep in mind this is an older ds and I dont know if that has anything to do with it even though the site claims this card will work with both. Im just wondering if this card is any good at all. Thanks for responding guys it really helps ease my mind a little because this is aggrevating.

dedsnags

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just want to let everyone know got this card to work 100 percent. Fantastic. Saw a video on the tube and got it. Heres the problem. Anyone with an r4 III upgrade revolution for ds. You have been looking at the wrong tutorials like I was. Every damn video I saw said to copy the 4 main folders over. Then create a games folder for the roms. Apparently with this card you need 5 folders in the root menu. Everything youve seen on all the videos and an R4 III folder goes in there as well. So thats a total of 6 folders when you create the games folder. Pop your roms in games folder and then I dont know if this is revelant but I have always done it with memory sticks on my computer. Back out of everything back to the my computer screen that shows your sdhc as a removable disc. Right click on it and hit the eject button. The screen should flash over it and then pull it out. Again, I dont know if that means anything but I did read somewhere one time that it did. Just telling you guys everything I did to make it work. Thanks for the guys that tried to help, it was very appreciated and good luck to anyone that bought these clone cards. Good evening.

meateater

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do believe mine is the same, though the website (r4dsl.net) said that clones of their flash card (which is also a clone of the original R4) will include a CD. Mine also works perfectly, and has multiple folders for different genres of games and media files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1