OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Good morning
I have a 2017 R4 Gold Pro
And an updated Nintendo 2ds with latest fimware.
I can't find the software/fimware to put in the R4.
You can help me?
Thank you

Attachments

• JPEG_20230831_005740_.jpg
    JPEG_20230831_005740_.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 77
Last edited by Mariovr,

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Chief, you should not write in our language but in english. Is this your r4?

s-l400.png

If so, you should use YSMenu (unzip files and folders in the root of the micro SD). Use the files I posted only if your r4 is the one in the picture.
If you have any problems, please send me a PM writing in our language.

Attachments

• R4i-SDHC YSMenu.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 34
Reactions: SylverReZ

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Theoretically, the production date should make no difference, but I wouldn't swear to it. How come you don't already have the software from that old flashcard? Did you by any chance buy the r4 already used? So it did not already contain a micro SD... hmm... if so, it is also possible that it is already bricked (read damaged). If it is intact, it should work with YSMenu.

Anyway, I own the same r4 from 2021 and it works perfectly with that software. Check the compatibility yourself here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/retrogamefan-updates-releases.267243/

Mariovr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I bought the R4 new just haven't used it in years. and the Nintendo Ds I accidentally did the latest firmware update. so it didn't work anymore. I searched the net for other software, but they were stuck on loading into the Nintendo. now I have put your software, I noticed of all the games only those .nds read them instead the games .3ds and .sav does not read them. How come? Nintendo reads original 3ds cartridges.

Attachments

• IMG20230831235853.jpg
    IMG20230831235853.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG20230901000723.jpg
    IMG20230901000723.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG20230901000728.jpg
    IMG20230901000728.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG20230901000820.jpg
    IMG20230901000820.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 50

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
History time. Back when the 3DS came out, people making these R4 cards rushed to try find a way to get something similar running on the 3DS. So they updated their existing cards to work on a 3DS. The problem is they ran in NDS mode, which has no support for 3DS games. This obviously mislead a lot of people into believing these cards would run 3DS games only to be disappointed when they found out they can't. This is what you have. Later some cards came out that exploited a flaw in NDS mode to boot 3DS games, but they were patched fairly quickly via a firmware update.

If you want to run 3DS games on your 2DS, you are going to need to install CFW on it. The link below should walk you through it if you want to do that. It even has translations for Italian so (assuming they're good translations) it should be easier to understand for you.
https://3ds.hacks.guide

Reactions: AkikoKumagara

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I bought the R4 new just haven't used it in years. and the Nintendo Ds I accidentally did the latest firmware update. so it didn't work anymore. I searched the net for other software, but they were stuck on loading into the Nintendo. now I have put your software, I noticed of all the games only those .nds read them instead the games .3ds and .sav does not read them. How come? Nintendo reads original 3ds cartridges.
Well, as written above, I'm afraid that with this flashcard you'll have to make do with DS games. For 3DS ones you'll have to buy original cartridges or install custom firmware in the console, which is challenging but not too complicated.
C'est la vie! 😉

Mariovr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
con il 2 Ds puoi giocare ai giochi .nds o .3ds (ovviamente adattati a .nds) ma c'è più scelta. con r4 prima di poter utilizzare tutti i formati. quello che sto cercando è lo stesso software per il nuovo firmware. forse | troppo presto per avere quel software?

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
con il 2 Ds puoi giocare ai giochi .nds o .3ds (ovviamente adattati a .nds) ma c'è più scelta
Congratulations, you have reinvented the wheel... 🤣

quello che sto cercando è lo stesso software per il nuovo firmware. forse | troppo presto per avere quel software?
Strange, in our language I understand you even less than in english. 😲
What do you mean by that? With a flashcard you can't play any 3ds game! As the user has already told you, you have to install a cfw via 2DS slot for SD card, so you can bypass the protections regarding illegal material and play directly from SD card.
Or buy original 3ds cartridges. There is no other solution. Period.

Mariovr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Congratulazioni, hai reinventato la ruota...🤣

Strano, nella nostra lingua ti capisco ancora meno che in inglese.😲
Che cosa vuoi dire con questo? Con una flashcard non puoi giocare a nessun gioco 3ds! Come ti ha già detto l'utente, devi installare un cfw tramite lo slot per scheda SD del 2DS, così puoi bypassare le protezioni riguardo materiale illegale e giocare direttamente da scheda SD.
Oppure acquista cartucce 3ds originali. Non c'è altra soluzione. Periodo.
Thank you for your sympathy!!!! I wanted to be clearer but you can see that I expressed myself badly.
however there is no program that emulates .3ds games in .nds.
so I remember correctly that my emulator didn't read .3ds games.
Where can I find roms in .nds? I already found something, maybe you know some better site?

thanks for everything
always kind

:D:D:D

Reactions: Nikokaro

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Then buddy, I repeat again. With your 2ds you can play 3ds games, but you have to buy the original cartridges or install a custom firmware in the console, following the guide they suggested, and copy the .3ds roms to SD card and play there. It is not difficult, it takes a little patience and attention.

On your r4 you can only play the .nds roms that you will easily find by searching on Google (here it is strictly forbidden to mention those sites): there are hundreds of them (sport, rpg, adventure, action, platform, shooter games) and all very nice and fun. Also on your r4 you can play homebrews and ports of old ms-dos shooters (Doom, Duke3d, Descent, Heretic, Hexen, Quake etc.), always in .nds format.
Again, you can't play 3ds games on it, and there's no way to convert them to .nds format (never heard of such a thing).
Regards :)

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi Nikokaro! You seem wise in 3DS.... I'm a total newbie in 3DS (i have a 2DS old model, I know a lot about wii/wiiU) a,d I've done the 3ds.hacks.guide procedure. What should I install or do Now?
Can someone indicate me essential/Best homebrew on 2DS? or give me a good link on the forum?
I have a R4 Flashcard RTS LITE (silver) 2021, and despite I update from the site with the latest update, despite installation of the recommended hack from here, the card doesn't work....Is it because of the timebomb thing?
It is the R4(i) SDHC but old site seems down www.r4isdhc.com now r4i-sdhc.com
I got the information: Unsupported cards might brick when trying to inject NTRBoot. What can you exatly do with a R4, is it only for playing ds games? if so, why can't I make it work?

I have a 2DS, also what is the story about the sleep switch for ntrboot? (I don't clearly what it's about). Help appreciated pls from anyone! ^^

Last edited by mrmagicm,

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It is the R4(i) SDHC but old site seems down www.r4isdhc.com now r4i-sdhc.com
r4isdhc products are now a part of r4i-sdhc.com it seems. I wouldn't use the kernels from there since they contain a timebomb, which wouldn't let you boot into the firmware after a few years.

Unsupported cards might brick when trying to inject NTRBoot. What can you exatly do with a R4, is it only for playing ds games? if so, why can't I make it work?
These type of flashcarts boot in DS-mode ONLY, they do not boot 3DS games (except for the DSTWO+ and Gateway flashcarts.) ntrboot takes advantage of a flaw in the boot rom by booting ANY DS cartridge while gaining access to the boot rom.

I have a R4 Flashcard RTS LITE (silver) 2021, and despite I update from the site with the latest update, despite installation of the recommended hack from here, the card doesn't work....Is it because of the timebomb thing?
You can use TWiLight Menu++ or YSMenu to bypass the timebomb and continue to use the cart as long as you like.

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok, so it there a use for my R4 if my console has cfw?? (maybe can be used as game space?)
Can I put a .3ds game on the R4 and load it if I have CFW?
Please also, what should be the updated firmware in my card to be sure for R4 Flashcard RTS LITE (silver) 2021? (please a link)
The R4 is going black when I try to load it from start when powering the console.

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, so it there a use for my R4 if my console has cfw?? (maybe can be used as game space?)
Please also, what should be the updated firmware in my card to be sure for R4 Flashcard RTS LITE (silver) 2021? (please a link)
The R4 is going black when I try to load it from start when powering the console.
There isn't much need for an R4 card with CFW installed. Twilight Menu (which was linked above) is a replacement that you can leave installed as homebrew on your 2DS. You can boot DS games straight from the SD card in your 2DS with it.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not much to say for the very least if you have CFW installed. With TWiLight Menu++, you can load almost any DS/DSi title there is.

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I managed to launch a *.ds format game, but I have a few games in *.3ds format, how do I launch them directly when they are on my sd card so I can play them once CFW in fine? Please, don't hesitate to tell me anything useful in your mind when you start in DS context world ^^ (just installed the hack).....So far, i've tested GBA games with gbarunner2 and MBGA on my 2DS and it verySlow, I don't understand why....The Speed should be fine on a 2DS to emulate a GBA with latest hack but it's very slow, it something needed to be done? Also, isn't 3DS format better than CIA format? (which one takes less)?

Last edited by mrmagicm,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?