Hacking R4 DS skins

kiruyama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 1.06 beta sticking out is a problem with all current skins that use boxes on the bottom screen, since normally the firmware only says "v1.xx" and adding extra length to the boxes would make it look tacky. Once they release 1.06 in its final form, it shouldn't be a problem anymore.

kikoexe

Trophies
XP
Country
can anyone make a "Megaman Battle Network" inspired skin?
happy.gif

would really appreciate it.. thanks!
wink2.gif

mflo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would do it, But I'm tired of making skins. I just want my bro to order my DSL already, But it's sold out everywhere. And the places that are selling them, the prices are $189+

xler8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you dont need photoshop, but it sure makes things easier
smile.gif
. go dl the trial or something..

There are a number of good free alternative to photoshop. The fanciest is GIMP. There is a Photoshop-like version of GIMP too: GIMPShop. Here are some Gimp tutorials.

If you are looking for a lightweight app, Polyview will work for all your copy/pasting, resizing needs. It is free, but prompts you to register after a while. Doesnt have layers though....

There is a 30 day trial of Paint Shop Pro available too. Has about everything Photoshop has. It costs $, but hundreds less than Photoshop if you want to buy something.

Sekkyumu

Trophies
Website
charaveldesign.com
XP
Country
France
The word "Gimp" basically sums up that Photoshop wanabe.
btw Gimp = Shit

So you probably don't know the potential of Gimp then...
unsure.gif
. I've been using it for a year (and I'm still using it on OS X) and there are some features that Photoshop (even CS3) doesn't have at the moment...

D

Deleted User

ebaskinpreviewbv3.jpg

Working on my first skin. Elite Beat Agents. I've only come up with these two screens though. I'm not so fond of the words on the bottom screen ...

*EDIT*

Got rid of the words ...

richardfong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nestea80 if you post the bottom screen image without your '1', '2', '3' icons ill do my best to get rid of that text for you.. shouldnt be a problem

rich

D

Deleted User

Nestea80 if you post the bottom screen image without your '1', '2', '3' icons ill do my best to get rid of that text for you.. shouldnt be a problem

rich

ebagj8.jpg

That would be a big help if you can. Thanks a bunch.

*EDIT*

Oh, I've done it myself since I found some time. I was just too lazy to do it before ...
tongue.gif
But thanks for the offer.

Smood47

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Here is my 'Matrix Walk Skin'

I designed it so the game select screen would allow you to better see the black font list. Let me know what you think.

matrixwalkwf8.jpg

Game select

matrixwalk2fo6.jpg

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

I designed it so the game select screen would allow you to better see the black font list. Let me know what you think.

Game select

You should test your skins before you share them ;P
The background 2 image still has a pretty dark background for the black information font and the icons picture is pretty bright on the bottom. Which would interfear with the white font in the bottom. You might want to share the actual files too.. unless you expect people to cut the images from the black ndslite themselfs
wink2.gif

They look nice other than that
smile.gif

Smood47

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles

Game select

You should test your skins before you share them ;P
The background 2 image still has a pretty dark background for the black information font and the icons picture is pretty bright on the bottom. Which would interfear with the white font in the bottom. You might want to share the actual files too.. unless you expect people to cut the images from the black ndslite themselfs
wink2.gif

They look nice other than that
smile.gif

Actually I wanted to get feedback first before I posted the link so I may, make any needed changes.
Also I cant test these yet, my R4 is still coming.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: