Hacking R4 Downloader Revisited

Yoshi128k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Over 2 years ago, I wrote a batch script that automated the process of installing kernels onto R4i(-)SDHC flashcarts.
Recently, I grabbed my old 3DS to mess with it, and decided to do something with my flashcart (an R4iSDHC cart). I decided to port the downloader to a shell script I can run on my main PC (which runs Ubuntu).
I actually just completed the script, and plan to post it in the downloads page soon, alongside a new version of the batch script (I need to update the download links for the stock kernels).
I also discovered a port of the Wood kernel that someone made for the DSTT and its clones (what the tool's target carts are), which I added to the shell script (and will add it to the new batch script), and plan to test after I post this thread (I'll edit my post to mention whether it works or not afterward). Both will still be able to install the stock kernels and YSMenu.

EDIT: As I mentioned above, I just tested Wood and it ran. Yay!

Strike all of the stuff about the Wood port. Turns out none of the ROMs I have work with it. Because of this, I've decided to scrap it. I have just stripped out the Wood option in the shell script.

Last edited by Yoshi128k,

Yoshi128k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A bit of an update regarding the downloader: Last night, I made the required patches to the batch script and the new version, along with the *nix script, are now live.

Reactions: leerz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill