TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
TrolleyDave...

First... Well done on a great little program!

Any plans to support the M3 DS Real or the G6 DS Real? I'll be migrating from the R4DS to the M3 DS Real shortly for better download+play.

I don't own either of them so I can't add support for them sorry. You could probably create your own firmware packs pretty easy, and I could add a M3/G6 Real card type to the list but the best I could do is make it pull in just the *.0 save files.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey there!
You have created a great app, and I really would like to use it. But next to a few minor wishes, I have a major problem and I hope that you can help.
As the temporary directory the system partition (C:) is used, or more exactly the Windows user-profiles-temp-folder. My problem is that I don't have enough space left there to let your app unpack all the files in my list (even if I do it one by one, the largest ones are just too big).
Would it be possible to choose the temp path manually? You don't need to add a new option section only for me, a option line in the ini file would be sufficient with a small note in the read-me file.

Regarding the minor wishes:
1. the renaming options I set are only working when I restart the app.
2. it would be nice to have the app remember the windows postions and sizes.
3. the possibiliy to re-arrange the colums in the game library would also be helpful.

(Not sure if delphi supports wish 2 + 3 at all!?)

More feedback (means more work for youÂ
tongue.gif
) will come when I actually can use the program
smile.gif

greetings, Marla

Wow, you should really think about increasing the free space on your system drive, it'll make windows alot more stable. I'll add setting a custom temp folder into the next release for you though.

I'll try and track down the renaming bug as well.

I can make it remember the windows pos + size as well. Will try to get it added.

Sorry I'm not a good enough programmer to be able to do 3. Remember R4 Commander V1.0 was my first programming project and V2.0 was my second. I'm not a programmer, it was just none of the programs out there really did what I wanted so I tried my hand at writing one and Delphi was so easy it allowed me to do it. I released it because I thought it might be helpful to others and I've added suggestions in when I could. I don't mind adding stuff in for people at all but I don't spend alot of time programming so it's as an when I get round to it. Sorry!
smile.gif

If I get good enough to figure out how to do 3 I'll definitely add it in, but til then it'll have to be the way it is.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
V2.05b released on my blog.

- Fixed a bug in the boxart downloading
- You can now set the path of the temp folder. Add the line Temp Path= and the temp folder you wish to use to the PATHS section of R4COMM.INI in the DATA folder of your R4 Commander V2 folder.
- Now remembers the size and position of the main window and the game library window.
- Fixed a bug where it didn't refresh changes made to the auto-namer settings.

marla.k

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
Wow, you should really think about increasing the free space on your system drive, it'll make windows alot more stable. I'll add setting a custom temp folder into the next release for you though.

I'll try and track down the renaming bug as well.

I can make it remember the windows pos + size as well. Will try to get it added.

Sorry I'm not a good enough programmer to be able to do 3. Remember R4 Commander V1.0 was my first programming project and V2.0 was my second. I'm not a programmer, it was just none of the programs out there really did what I wanted so I tried my hand at writing one and Delphi was so easy it allowed me to do it. I released it because I thought it might be helpful to others and I've added suggestions in when I could. I don't mind adding stuff in for people at all but I don't spend alot of time programming so it's as an when I get round to it. Sorry!
smile.gif

If I get good enough to figure out how to do 3 I'll definitely add it in, but til then it'll have to be the way it is.

Wow. _I_ am impressed!

First of all, thank you very much for the really quick reply, and even more the very quick new release.
And you are telling us that you are not a coder ... you liar you
wink.gif

I know that I should change my old 4GB HD with the 5 year old temporary system running on it. You know, you just want to test your new hardware buildup and end like me. But honestly, I prefer to play on the DS instead of installing a new system, not to talk about buying new hardware again ...

On topic again:
The temp path isn't working. In detail: the path I am telling the program in the ini isn't used at all. I have also tried to put an '_' between Temp and Path, but that also failed.
I think new, compared to the last release, is that a folder LFTEMP is used by default, to store the unpacked files there.
Anyway, I guess that it is the packing/unpacking 'plugin' that still uses my C: drive as a temp folder and my next guess is that you can't influence that!? This files are named like 'VMSC3.tmp'. The letters 'VMS' and two HEX digits, increasing each time by one.
If that is true, your cool app will have to wait for me until I manage to reinstall my computer
frown.gif

(If you tell me (PM?) if you are using a third party program for zipping, and wich one, I can try to find out myself if the temp path can be changed, so that you have less work with me.)

The other things, 1 and 2, seem to work, though I haven't tested the renaming thing completely, because I restarted the programm each time to test the path variable.
The window positions are working perfect, so far (I have found them in the ini file).
Nice done!

And merry christmas!

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't worry about the old machine thing, mine isn't exactly top of the range. I can't play any of the new games on it or anything, but I'm more of a console man myself as well. My Saturn, Gamecube and DS get the most play! My PC is mostly for watching TV shows, movies, browsing and organizing my R4, with the odd email thrown in!
wink.gif

Oh yeah you're right, I did lie about my programming experience. I've also written SkinR4 and EZ-Trim+.
wink.gif
I'm really not a programmer, if Delphi wasn't easy to code in then R4 Commander wouldn't exist! If an experienced programmer read my code he would probably cry!
tongue.gif

Strange. I must have made a spelling mistake in the code or something, as the zip/7zip plugin allows you to set a custom default path. If they're RARs then you're screwed I'm afraid as if the Unrar DLL doesn't allow you to, or if it does I haven't figured it out. Send me an email using R4 Commander (in the WWW menu) and I'll try and fnd the problem and send you a test build.

marla.k

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
Oh, I have nice hardware, but the damn ELKOs on my Asus board are trickling again, after I replaced them by new ones. So one day my board will have vanished, because of the acid
wacko.gif

Not sure if the grafic problems in games are because of this or because of my temp-system. But I would love to play a computer game again and I would die if I wouldn't have hijacked the DS from by boyfriend to play with something in the meantime
biggrin.gif

Uhm ... okay ... my email app isn't working too, but that has other reasons. I'll PM you my mail adress
shy.gif

And don't worry about Rars, I can change them to Zips manually.

Side note: don't forget that it is Christmas, or in other words, don't 'work' for me all day long
wink.gif

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Didn't get a chance to get it done today so will try and get it done after xmas, sorry.

A download link for the Firmware v1.14 pack has been put on the blog.

granduke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm also having problems renaming. When I add a .rar to the build the internal .nds renames fine but when adding an .nds to the build it doesn't autorename. Also when I try to do a rename in the ROM Library the listed game just disappears. I'm using 2.05B.

thanks.

marla.k

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
As I said, TrolleyDave, take your time. I will add all the smaller Zips to the catalogue in the meantime, which will take me a few days anyway.

But I just found a bug, a small one, but still:
In Offline Mode, the Boxart won't be updated, but the ingame screenshot is going to be downloaded anyway. Cutting the internet connection results in a freeze (talking about the Release list).

[Edit]: Hehe, nice cartoon
smile.gif

[Edit 2]:
You are going to kill me soon ... I have found another problem.
I am not working on my SD Card yet, but on the HD instead. And of course, thanks to file-systems, I am using subfolders.
There are no problems adding something (I have only tried with ROMs yet) to the build and sending it to the "SD card" (which is in fact my HD). But once I want to browse the card, it doesn't work. Let me make some examples:

"I:\! Nintendo DS !\! image R4C !\Games" returns "I/O error 53"
"I:\Games ! and let me see how long the name can be without complaint\! another folder" returns "I/O error 123"
"I:\Games" works

Of course I am not adding the "I:" to the pathes, because that is already defined. The spaces and the callsigns are also not the reasons, I have tried it without them too. So my guess is that you allow only one subfolder when browsing the SD card ... !?

YukiChan456

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have no bugs!
unsure.gif

I´m using the Classic Browser! (Maybe that´s it)

Please let him celebrate christmas without bothering, or use Rominator!
I think he will fix this small Bugs after christmas!

In German:
lecture.gif

Laß ihn in Ruhe Weihnachten feieren, ohne lästig zu werden, oder benutze Rominator!
Ich denke, daß er die kleinen Bugs sicher nach Weihnachten beheben wird!

I´m using both: R4 Commander and Rominator!

Don´t take it to serious!
wacko.gif

No one will kil you!
hate2.gif

marla.k

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
I am a perfectionist, that is why I am finding all this bugs
wink.gif

And I am also coding myself, a bit, and I know that you need other people to find all of them.

And of course I let him celebrate, as much as he wants. I won't tell him to hurry or remind him about working on it, promised. He can fix all this things after christmas, or in a year. However, I will continue to use his program, because I love it already
wub.gif

But pleeease, let me add more bugs to this thread, or I would have to make a list and flood him right after christmas with all of them together
evil.gif

Okay, here is the next one, minor, too:
When you use the Country filter in the Game Library, and then click on the "rename" button while the first entry is marked, it wants to rename the first entry but without the filter on.
Example: if you have all ROMs (no, I don't have them all) and display only european ones, 0013 will be the first one shown. But clicking on rename will rename 0001, a Japanese one.

Oh, and TrolleyDave, tell or PM me if you don't want to hear about any further bugs from me
shy.gif

Merry Christmas again (allthough it is already over in Austria) and yes, relax!
grog.gif

YukiChan456

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Try Rominator in my sig!
Renames correct and have always updates!

But I also love the R4 Commander, cause it´s the Prog with the most functions!
unsure.gif

That´s why I´m using both progs!
lecture.gif

@marla:

I´ve grown up in Styria! Now I live in the USA!
grog.gif

marla.k

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
Na, don't want to use two programs. I have decided to use R4 commander because it can work with zips in zips - means less work for me. So far it is working, and I can avoid all bugs I have found except the temp directory.

So, Styria
smile.gif

I am from Vienna.
Why are you in the USA now? Didn't like Austria?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I am a perfectionist, that is why I am finding all this bugs
wink.gif

And I am also coding myself, a bit, and I know that you need other people to find all of them.

And of course I let him celebrate, as much as he wants. I won't tell him to hurry or remind him about working on it, promised. He can fix all this things after christmas, or in a year. However, I will continue to use his program, because I love it alreadyÂ
wub.gif

But pleeease, let me add more bugs to this thread, or I would have to make a list and flood him right after christmas with all of them together
evil.gif

Okay, here is the next one, minor, too:
When you use the Country filter in the Game Library, and then click on the "rename" button while the first entry is marked, it wants to rename the first entry but without the filter on.
Example: if you have all ROMs (no, I don't have them all) and display only european ones, 0013 will be the first one shown. But clicking on rename will rename 0001, a Japanese one.

Oh, and TrolleyDave, tell or PM me if you don't want to hear about any further bugs from meÂ
shy.gif

Merry Christmas again (allthough it is already over in Austria) and yes, relax!Â
grog.gif

Merry christmas to you too!
smile.gif
Hit me with all the bugs you find and I'll try to fix them, it's just like I say sometimes it can take a while.

YukiChan456

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dave take all your time you need and make it perfect!

Ganbatte! Viel Glück! (Good Luck!)

And thx until now!

grog.gif

@Marla:

I like Austria, but sometimes the life proceed a bit unexpected!
wacko.gif

I come back, or I´m going to Japan!
unsure.gif

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Dave take all your time you need and make it perfect!

Ganbatte! Viel Glück! (Good Luck!)

And thx until now!

grog.gif

@Marla:

I like Austria, but sometimes the life proceed a bit unexpected!Â
wacko.gif

I come back, or I´m going to Japan!Â
unsure.gif

Merry christmas to you as well YukiChan! Or as we say in Wales Nadolig Llawen!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM