Hacking R4 Commander V2.0

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, I'm gonna give 2.14 a try tonite, resetting the database while I'm at it.

Oh, and I wouldn't call my last post "complaining". That'd be inappropriate of me, considering the great job you're doing. I was merely pointing out a problem I had encountered, hoping for help.
smile.gif

PS: "How can I laugh tomorrow..." -> one of the greatest songs ever. I remember seeing ST live in Hamburg/Germany in 1992, it was awesome. I suppose I should put that album on my MP3 player. Thanks for the inspiration!

I wasn't having a go at you for telling me about the problem or anything, just a bad choice of words I guess! Sorry about that!

Suicidal Tendencies are one of my top 5 bands of all time (along with PiL, Talking Heads, The Cardiacs and Slayer!), long ago it used to be my handle during the Amiga/SNES/MegaDrive scene! In fact now that I talk about it I'm going to have to slap some one! lol I've only ever seen them live once as well, they were touring with MegaDeth, Slayer and Testament. Would've been an awesome gig if it wasn't for MegaDeth! Mike Muir is a great vocalist, have you ever listened to Infectious Groove?

sepinho

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Update on my troubles: I've installed 2.14, but when I reinitialized the program, it gave me a "Privileged Instruction" error. I went ahead and clicked on "Open ROM Library". Now it's stuck at "Please wait while I build a cross reference index" and when I try to close the window, it shows an "Access violation at address xxxxx - read at address xxxxx" error.

Oh, and check your PMs for an update on my metalhead days!
wink.gif

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Can you zip up and email me the data files that are in the DATA folder inside the folder you've got R4 Commander in? I might be able to see what the problem is. Oh yeah, thanks for replying that you still had problems even after reinitializing, the other two that mentioned the problem never got back to me!

sepinho

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Can you zip up and email me the data files that are in the DATA folder inside the folder you've got R4 Commander in? I might be able to see what the problem is. Oh yeah, thanks for replying that you still had problems even after reinitializing, the other two that mentioned the problem never got back to me!

Will do tonite. Thanks for the support. Again.
smile.gif

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
FIXES/CHANGES
---------------
+ Fixed bug in indexing system.
+ Fixed bug in reinitialize program routine.
+ Added GBA option to Classic File Browser
+ Added GBA option to Browse MicroSD Card window.

Thanks Sepinho for helping with the indexing problem.

DOWNLOADS
------------
Available on my blog.

Also on the blog is an updated Jenesis v0.6 pack.

marla.k

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
Hey TrolleyDave!

I had some time and upgraded your app to 2.15 now.
As I am not exactly sure what you have already fixed and what is still on your do-to list, I want to tell you about some problems I have (still) found:

- When you are in offline modus, the pictures in the release list are still getting downloaded.
- In the rom library, when you search for a game and then try to rename it, it will offer you the wrong one (I think you already know about this one, but haven't found it yet).

Regarding GBA's, I can't 'help' as I don't have any. Sorry.

And the promised EZC (by the way, what does 'EZC' mean?) are not forgotten, I have just no time to make some at the moment.

greetings, Marla

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey TrolleyDave!

I had some time and upgraded your app to 2.15 now.
As I am not exactly sure what you have already fixed and what is still on your do-to list, I want to tell you about some problems I have (still) found:

- When you are in offline modus, the pictures in the release list are still getting downloaded.
- In the rom library, when you search for a game and then try to rename it, it will offer you the wrong one (I think you already know about this one, but haven't found it yet).

Regarding GBA's, I can't 'help' as I don't have any. Sorry.

And the promised EZC (by the way, what does 'EZC' mean?) are not forgotten, I have just no time to make some at the moment.

greetings, Marla

How you doing Marla! Good to see you again. I didn't know those bugs were there, sorry about that. I'll have a go at fixing them this weekend. The offline mode thing will be easy enough, I rewrote the whole routine and I probably forgot to put the check in again! D'oh. The other one should be the same problem as the deleting problem, I just totally forgot that the renamer used a different routine. I've been getting ready to release 2.16 so I'll fix those first and send you a copy to test if you've got time?

Don't worry about testing the GBA thing, I think I've got it working now. I've found a problem with 1 game but I'm not sure if it's the dump I have or my routine, was gonna look into it this weekend.

Take your time with the packs I'm just grateful for any help! EZC comes from how R4 Commander V2.0 first started. I started working on a version called EZ-Commander that would work for any card but as I got 0 offers off of people to test it on there cards I thought screw 'em, renamed it to R4 Commander V2.0 and stopped working on the parts to make it work for all cards! Alot of the stuff is still in there, like you can still use different cards and homebrew packs and stuff but I was gonna add skinners and stuff to it as well. I've added in TopToyDS stuff to 2.16 though as someone asked for it.

marla.k

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
I've been getting ready to release 2.16 so I'll fix those first and send you a copy to test if you've got time?
I am somewhat fine, thank you for asking. It is just that I am very busy with various things going on in my life, but there is always some time to play a bit DS
smile.gif

Well, try to send me a copy to the mailadress you have. Not sure if it will work though, as I never got a mail from you.

And thank you for explaining the naming of the packs. Now the extension makes more sense for me
smile.gif

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
2.16beta Released!
=============

+ Added automattic GBA trimming
+ Added NDSS.NL to the Web Sites menu
+ Added DSTT mode (copies saves differently, shows different splash screen, accepts packs coded 'DSTT-')
+ Added code for homebrew packs coded 'ALLC-'
+ Added Languages field to the release list
+ Fixed 2000 files in folder on server limit problem
+ Fixed bug when renaming a game in library while list is sorted.
+ Fixed bug in GBA trimming.
- Removed all servers except TrolleyGuy

Downloads available on my blog.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
2.16beta2 Released

beta2
+ Fixed screenshot not displaying in Release List for releases higher than 1500
+ Fixed resizing in Classic Browser, Homebrew Library. MicroSD Browser windows
+ Fixed Year not displaying in Game Library
+ Added Save Library speed button to main window
+ Added Save/Load Build speed buttons to main window.
+ Added Delete Archive button for deleting Save archives created in library.
+ Fixed another offline mode bug.
+ Added option to make R4 Commander transparent while transferring a build to card (Preferences->Alpha Blend)
+ Added new style hint pop-ups.
+ Fixed a bug when deleting a game from library and list is sorted by game name.
+ No longer displays dialog box for cheat.dat file when opening Paths Settings window.
+ Fixed Notes not displaying in Homebrew Library.
+ Added ability to download upgrades from within the program (Utils->Check for upgrades)

Downloads available on my blog.

Kyosato

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hello there, just a small bug report
happy.gif

I've met a strange bug with your latest beta TrolleyDave, the first time I started the program after installing it, it told me something like "Please wait while building reference index" during a few seconds. And when I wanted to copy games to my micro sd, the program had strange bugs and didn't copy anything.
Since it was a beta, I decided to copy the rom manually, but when I went to my roms directory, I saw that all of them had been downsized to 0kb.
So I'm not sure what happened, but I think this has something to do with the "building index" stuff the program did at the beginning. I don't know if I'm the only one who had this bug, but the program never build index after that so it never destroyed any roms after that.
Keep up the good work, i'll await your next update like i allways do.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello there, just a small bug reportÂ
happy.gif

I've met a strange bug with your latest beta TrolleyDave, the first time I started the program after installing it, it told me something like "Please wait while building reference index" during a few seconds. And when I wanted to copy games to my micro sd, the program had strange bugs and didn't copy anything.
Since it was a beta, I decided to copy the rom manually, but when I went to my roms directory, I saw that all of them had been downsized to 0kb.
So I'm not sure what happened, but I think this has something to do with the "building index" stuff the program did at the beginning. I don't know if I'm the only one who had this bug, but the program never build index after that so it never destroyed any roms after that.
Keep up the good work, i'll await your next update like i allways do.

I haven't got a clue what's happened there. It sounds like a similar problem from a few updates ago but it's definitely fixed in the new one. I'll look into over the next couple of days. Did it pop up the building index window straight away, like before you did anything else?

buckweed187

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
FIRST UP THANK YOU DAVE THIS REALLY KICKS ASS MATE !!!!!

Got some question for you really sorry if they have been answered already i did a quick check but its 18 pages lol

Kinda think i mite of answered some of the questions anyway..i found out about R4commander from DSTHEMES.COM

I download V2.0 after i saw a post on it.

I added my games some trimmed others not thats all fine there

But i can't seem to added my themes or saves or videos ???

I just get LIST INDEX IS OUT OF BOUNDS (1-) when i try to open my saves?

as for my themes there not even there even tho i dropped them in the main window?

Tryed all different ways but no joy???

Can you explain what i need to do ?

Also i'm guessing my version is out of date now ?

If i get the lastest one will i need to move everythink over or will it just up date my current version

As you may of guessed i'm a noob.sorry for sounding like one

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Cheers for the compliments mate!

Where did you grab R4 Commander V2.0 from? Was it my blog? If it was and you grabbed the Beta2 version then you've got the most up to date version.

It doesn't add themes or videos to the library. There's a skln browser, there's a button for it on the right hand side where the game library button is. Open that up and there's a file browser in the skin browser, use that to go to the folder where you keep your skins. You can then use the file browser to view and apply your skins.

The saves thing is a bug that I didn't know about, I'll fix that for the next release. To add saves to the save library you have to use the Utils drop down menu and there's an Import Saves item. Just hit that and it'll copy the saves over from your card.

FIRST UP THANK YOU DAVE THIS REALLY KICKS ASS MATE !!!!!

Got some question for you really sorry if they have been answered already i did a quick check but its 18 pages lol

Kinda think i mite of answered some of the questions anyway..i found out about R4commander from DSTHEMES.COM

I download V2.0 after i saw a post on it.

I added my games some trimmed others not thats all fine there

But i can't seem to added my themes or saves or videos ???

I just get LIST INDEX IS OUT OF BOUNDS (1-) when i try to open my saves?

as for my themes there not even there even tho i dropped them in the main window?

Tryed all different ways but no joy???

Can you explain what i need to do ?

Also i'm guessing my version is out of date now ?

If i get the lastest one will i need to move everythink over or will it just up date my current version

As you may of guessed i'm a noob.sorry for sounding like one

buckweed187

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yep i got it from your blog so i must have the lastest version,thanks for the speedy reply.

I think that clears it up for me,i won't worrie about the saves now,as for the themes i think i understand were i was going

wrong. this program as saved me so much time lol more time for gaming or theme designing
biggrin.gif

I'll try what you said later and report back if i still have trouble thanks again

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up