Hacking R4 Commander V2.0

gaboumafou

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It's the first time my MicroSD was corrupted, the other time it was a Supercard CF.

The "freezing" problem should be fixed now? Anyway, I still use your program, I just make the build on C: then copy it on my MicroSD.

Murdock

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wow. I'm impressed. Just bought a R4DS and this application looks like the perfect addon. Thanks
smile.gif
!

laurenz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Am I like the only one that haves a hard time using this program?
It's like, I drag a zip file containting a game into the program, and it gets added to the so called build. Well, nothing changed on my MicroSD card, thats for sure. Now I thought, hmmm, maybe I just need to send the build. So i click on file > build > send but again, nothing changes on my MicroSD card.
Yes i set all the correct paths to my games directory and my MicroSD card.
I have no clue how this program works, and there's no proper guide anywhere which only leaves more mysteries for me to solve.

On top of that i'm pretty annoyed by the fact that all the games I have already on my MicroSD don't get listed in the program. Is this supposed to be like this? It seems really unlikely to me because otherwise a lot of people would have complained about that already.

Well hopefully someone can clear this up for me, as don't find this program usefull at all at this moment.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
It's the first time my MicroSD was corrupted, the other time it was a Supercard CF.

The "freezing" problem should be fixed now? Anyway, I still use your program, I just make the build on C: then copy it on my MicroSD.

As long as by "freezing" you meant when it's dumping the game to the card it goes really quick then sits there for a few seconds. I've shrunk the size of the buffer that it uses to dump stuff to the card so it's slower but smoother.

Try the new program out and see if that helps. Dumping it to C: and then copying it over kinda defeats the purpose of the program! If the new program doesn't help PM me and I'll see what I can do.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Am I like the only one that haves a hard time using this program?
It's like, I drag a zip file containting a game into the program, and it gets added to the so called build. Well, nothing changed on my MicroSD card, thats for sure. Now I thought, hmmm, maybe I just need to send the build. So i click on file > build > send but again, nothing changes on my MicroSD card.
Yes i set all the correct paths to my games directory and my MicroSD card.
I have no clue how this program works, and there's no proper guide anywhere which only leaves more mysteries for me to solve.

On top of that i'm pretty annoyed by the fact that all the games I have already on my MicroSD don't get listed in the program. Is this supposed to be like this? It seems really unlikely to me because otherwise a lot of people would have complained about that already.

Well hopefully someone can clear this up for me, as don't find this program usefull at all at this moment.

If you pick the Browse MicroSD Card in the utils menu and none of your games are showing up in the list then either the path is incorrect or it hasn't downloaded the release list correctly. Try selecting the Release List from the Libraries menu, if all the games show up correctly then it's got to be a problem with the paths you've set.

The reason that there's no docs yet is because the program isn't finished yet.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I've now promoted the program to non-beta as I've finalized all the file formats and added in everything I wanted for the first release. Unfortunately I've had to move the registry key and you're all going to have to re-initialize the program and recatalog all of your files. Sorry about that but I promise it's the only time you'll have to do it! This should fix the problem caused by some registry cleaners removing some of info because it wasn't in the right place.

Additions
---------
- Added Scorpei's Homebrew Guide to the WWW site list.
- Search Text box now filters out by region and release group as well as game name.
- Moved registry information to Software key. Reinitialization of program necessary.
- Added Show Release List button to main form.
- Added ability to mark games missing from your collection as wanted in the release list and to show only those games.

Fixes
-----
- Fixed File Not Found error when opening the program and no MicroSD exists and a skin had been applied.
- Fixed news not displaying.
- Moved registry key to correct location.
- SkinR4 drive box wasn't updating correctly.

DSGRIM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like it would work without needing to be installed. Once downloaded you just double click and the program boots. Love the program by the way.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, just double click on the exe file and it should take you through the install process. It installs just like any other windows app. It'll put it in the start menu and give you the option of creating a shortcut on the desktop.

I'll sort out a binary install tomorrow hopefully, I would've done it already but things are a little hectic here at the moment!

unpaidassassin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh I see now...I thought the program was to be used on the R4 while using the DS

now what are those other files like the apps and firmware pack in some ezc file format?

SeaofTea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really dig the proggie, it catalogs really well. I don't know what database it downloads from though because it doesn't seem to recognize 1235 Taiko no Tatsujin DS: Touch de Dokodon!. (says latest is 1212) Just some bugs/suggestions

1. I found one kinda bug, if you set the rom paths and then rename one of the directories, go back and try set the paths again it says paths not found and won't let you reset them.

2. I know this isn't a bug but why does it have to unrar/zip every single rom to catalog? Also what would be cool is if it automatically updated your catalog from your rom paths.

3. I know there's a browse microsd option but what would be cool is if it would it would autoload the catalog off the microSD and allow you to add and remove roms virtually(maybe even backing up saves while removing/adding) and press a button to complete the changes.

4. It would be cool to also have a skin browser that automatically found and display skins by directory in a given path allowing them to be written to the card.

All of these features seem pretty much there, your coding skill surpasses mine by far. Keep up the good work.

SeaofTea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well that was quick, I put a couple of games in the build and it unzipped/trimmed and uploaded, but only the first one, the rest disappeared.

thuur

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
tried to open archive with rom+jpg+ a readme file in it, and your programm freezes
removed the readme file from archive and every thing works fine
please can you make your program just ignore other files then DS.jpg and DS.nds in a archive?

chaofan

Trophies
XP
Country
Bump!

Might be unnecessary, but it's 1am here so me reading this thread will burst my brain. My question is, with the recent firmware update (v1.11) being released, does the rom trimmer in this program trim games correctly for the Wi-Fi functions to work?

Is R4 Commander V2.0's ROM trimmer similar to the R4's official site's ROM Trimmer?

Thanks in advance!

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
oh I see now...I thought the program was to be used on the R4 while using the DS

now what are those other files like the apps and firmware pack in some ezc file format?

They're to make life easier when installing homebrew apps. Basically if you add a pack to your homebrew library you can add it to your current build list. Plus if the homebrew app uses support files (.SMC for SNES, .CBDS for ComicBookDS etc) you can add them to the build list and the app will copy it to the correct path on the card for you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, prove it