Hacking r4 castlevania por problem need help

ajjav924

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i purchased an r4 and I converted my supercard sd sav to the r4 sav format. castlevania por (by NRV and Legacy) both freeze during gameplay randomly when you press start. How do I fix this? Is it because i converted the save from the supercard sd? Note: the rom freezes a lot on the supercard. How do I fix this problem?

Zantagor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
best solution is to buy the game
wink.gif

baxor

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Maybe it's the converted saves. Been playing this game for a while on my R4 and no lockups yet. My completion percentage is around 450%. How far along into the game is the saves you are using?

ajjav924

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would buy the game but my gripe with buying the game is that I cannot extract my sav and put it on my computer. Anyway, the compatibility lists on the r4 compatibility chart say that this game works perfect. Anyone know what the problem could be?

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well that's strange.. the save file itself shouldn't affect freezing at all. As that is based on the flashcart/firmware. Meaning, it's your R4 causing the freezing.. or atleast would be in theory. Could you try running the game from the start with an R4 created save and see if it freezes when pressing 'start' frequently?

ajjav924

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I beat the game and have played for over 20 hours. I also unlocked all the other characters. I don't want to start over but I will just to see if the converted save is the problem. Did you use a converted save or did you start from the beginning?

ajjav924

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok I started a new game with an r4 created save and it still freezes randomly after pressing start.

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ok I started a new game with an r4 created save and it still freezes randomly after pressing start.
A few suggestions then:
1. Get a new rom file, as the one you are using might be prepatched and not clean

2. If you are not using the 1.04 firmware, then head over to their site and update asap

3. Try with a different microsd card and see if the same thing happends. On that note, please tell us which card/brand you are currently using

4. reformat the card. If you are using FAT32, then switch to regular FAT and vice versa.

ajjav924

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the roms i am using are the legacy and xpa dumps. I also formatted the 512mb kingston from fat to fat 32. it is still freezing. I am using the 1.04 firmware. do you think my r4 could be faulty?

yee

Trophies
Website
revscene.net
XP
Country
Canada
Should be fine... my Kingston 1GB has never had a problem in the SC-DS/EZ5.

Try this, open up Command Prompt and type this in. (X = the drive letter of your MicroSD)

1. Format X: /FS:FAT /A:64K
2. Format X: /FS:FAT32 /A:4K

Try one first, then second. If it still doesn't work, I have no clue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: You need better couch potatoes la +1