Hacking r4 castlevania por problem need help

lyte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried PoR on my r4, right after that first big blue triceratops my game just halts. bottom screen is pitch black and top is the map. nothing happens.

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Release number doesn't matter. It could have been patched when you got it. From a site etc.
I think im using that release, not sure as im not capable to check atm.

mr_blonde_88

Torture You? That's A Good Idea. I Like That
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
I would buy the game but my gripe with buying the game is that I cannot extract my sav and put it on my computer. Anyway, the compatibility lists on the r4 compatibility chart say that this game works perfect. Anyone know what the problem could be?

you can take saves from a real ds cart, or put saves onto a real ds cart with the G6

ajjav924

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after testing two microsd cards. I ordered another one from newegg. this time it is a kingston 1gb microsd (made in japan). I hope when i get it, castlevania por doesn't freeze anymore. wish me luck.

leetdude_007

Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FIRMWARE 1.05 just came out. Test that out before going on!

M3 is having similar problems with C:PoR. One specific error was warping between tombstones. The game would freeze up during the visual spectacle.

I actually own an M3 simply, but I don't have any problems with this game. I've been playing for the past 6 hours+ (lots of fun), and nothing bad has happened. Well, I did die a couple times, but that's my fault.

Set-up: M3 Simply, Kingston 1GB, FAT32, lot's of time, lack of socialization...

madxxcow

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hello,

Just to let you know, I tested Castlevania : POR (clean dump) on R4 with 2 different MicroSD cards, and also on the Supercard SD i used before with 2 different SD cards. Here is the result :
R4 w/ KINGSTON 1G : no freeze!
R4 w/ ADATA 1G : almost never freezing, but...
SC SD w/ LEXAR 1G : freezing randomly, annoying
SC SD w/ NONAME ;-) 128M : freeze every time entering a menu and even playing...

The quality of the memory card seem to be important even for the R4.

stefanc

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
it seems my m3 cf still rules all the other cards
biggrin.gif
never had any problems

aristo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
R4 + 1GB Kingston Japan.
Firmware 1.02 -> 1.04 -> 1.05
Played Castlevania: PoR about 10 hours in total.
No freezing whatsoever...

Kryptonic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
still waiting for my r4 to arrive. should i play dawn of sorrow first or just go straight to PoR. there many differences between the two?

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
still waiting for my r4 to arrive. should i play dawn of sorrow first or just go straight to PoR. there many differences between the two?

It's two independent titles, not connected storywise (except the usual, dracula, bad guys, castlevania etc stuff ;P).

However, they share alot of common stuff such as enemies and same background tiles...

So play them in whatever order you want.

ajjav924

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tested out my new 1gb kingston microsd from newegg. it crashed once so far at a tombstone teleport after a couple hours of play. anyone have similar problems?

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Just tried with a 1 gig sandisk, could spam the start button etc while changing characters no prob. Got to Wind and as Jason said "A mon-" it froze.

joedodgy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been playing it a fair bit using the R4 with a sandisk ultra2 1gb (taiwan).

It works perfect (no freezing) so far - and I've put a fair amount of time into it
wink.gif

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Trying formatting my TF card in FAT rather than FAT32 and I'll give it another shot. My card is an... Um, well it's a sandisc 1 gig. Says made in Taiwan. Doesn't really have any other type of model number, but says "mobile" on the front of the packet and has chinese letters letters on and some guy who looks like Dustin Hoffman ROCKING THE FUCK OUT cos he's listening to some AWESOME SHIT on his TF card in his mobile.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
I see according to the R4 Wiki the Sandisk 1gb is listed as working fine with POR. Maybe it was just a one-off. I'll keep trying. It certainly plays it better than my supercard.

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just tried with a 1 gig sandisk, could spam the start button etc while changing characters no prob. Got to Wind and as Jason said "A mon-" it froze.

Since im using the same card, im gonna check that out and see if I got the same thing. The only way i've tried it is by using my old G6 save which pretty much had everything unlocked and I was just running around to see if it froze.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Nope. Not into gaming.