Hacking r4 castlevania por problem need help

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
I've got a save as well, and no crashes since then. Just to test it out I started a new game tho and went straight to Wind.

dbm001

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a sandisk 2gb and a transcend 1gb, freezes on both. It's only one game, so not that bothered - maybe a fix will come with a firmware update. Seems to be the speed of the card though, both of mine are pretty slow. Will buy a faster one when prices come down, for now i'll play the rest of my games even though this looked good.

D.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe my one freeze was just a game bug then. I've not had any since but my testing hasn't been very extensive because I can't get past the first fucking boss and his stupid balls of doom.

mflo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How do you determine the speed of a card before buying?
And...WTFH!?!?!?! I got my friend to order a 1GB A-Data MicroSD for me from this one site for $20 + Free standard shipping. Now I look at the same exact card on the same website and its $15 now...
Edit: Oh...It's out of stock now, I wonder if it was in stock when my friend ordered it. Probably was...hopefully

Slippy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How do you determine the speed of a card before buying?
And...WTFH!?!?!?! I got my friend to order a 1GB A-Data MicroSD for me from this one site for $20 + Free standard shipping. Now I look at the same exact card on the same website and its $15 now...
Edit: Oh...It's out of stock now, I wonder if it was in stock when my friend ordered it. Probably was...hopefully

Yeah, I ordered from the same place over the weekend for 20 bux. Pissed me off too. I'm sure yours was in stock if it was ordered for 20 bux. I ordered mine over the weekend and I finally got a shipping notice this morning.

skaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've got two sandisk 1gb made in taiwan cards.

POR freezes on 1 card and plays normally on the other.

Late!

mstaspawkl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guys, i really think that the game itself is bugged.

http://www.411mania.com/games/reviews/48806

http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/review/R109170.html

both reviews mention that the game freezes or locks up sometimes.
but apparently Konami fixed this bug in the 2nd batch of the game.

hahah i think thats funny. after weeks of wondering why castlevania freezes randomly for different people. and waiting for updates to fix it. no one ever thought that the actual game might be bad. damn you konami.. made us worry that our r4's cant handle everything.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Just froze again when talking to the shopkeeper monk guy. I can cope with occasional freezes, using potions while fighting bosses was impossible on my SCSD cos it would freeze if you paused when something was making a noise.

AceHazard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I have a SanDisk 1gb card made in Taiwan and I am very curious to hear if there is any problem with POR and this card. I cannot test out my rom because I am still waiting for my R4 to arrive. If anyone can test out this card and POR it would be greatly appreciated. When I do get my R4 I will be sure to post on my results with POR to let everyone know. However, I dont expect my card for another week.
cry.gif

edit: Sorry I didnt see the 5th page of posts with the SanDisk results. Seems to be a bit inconclusive. I'll post my results as soon as I can.

Malleus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I Have a R4DS with a 1gb Kingston memory and Im getting random freezes in lots of games... not all but lots, I have trimmed them all so Im going to try without trimming

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, can't seem to continue. Opened 6 warps in the castle and had no problems (I could even spam through them fine). Now when I go to the 7th and try to warp, it crashes. Tried it 4 times with the same result (1gb Sandisc Taiwan FAT16 1.06)

Guess I could just ignore that warp and try to keep going. Pain in the arse having to walk all that to that area without warping.

darksavior

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ugh i think someone will have to dump it from a new batch to finally settle it once and for all. then sticky the results thats its proven...

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Using my R4 and a 1gb sandisk I have had 2 freezes on the game. Once when I was pressing start and the other time while just wondering about, it took about 1/2 hour to freeze. I've not had problems with any other game on the R4. Maybe it is the rom, we'll have to wait for another release of the game to make sure.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hmm, can't seem to continue. Opened 6 warps in the castle and had no problems (I could even spam through them fine). Now when I go to the 7th and try to warp, it crashes. Tried it 4 times with the same result (1gb Sandisc Taiwan FAT16 1.06)

Guess I could just ignore that warp and try to keep going. Pain in the arse having to walk all that to that area without warping.

Tried formating to FAT16 with 64K clusters?

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, can't seem to continue. Opened 6 warps in the castle and had no problems (I could even spam through them fine). Now when I go to the 7th and try to warp, it crashes. Tried it 4 times with the same result (1gb Sandisc Taiwan FAT16 1.06)

Guess I could just ignore that warp and try to keep going. Pain in the arse having to walk all that to that area without warping.

Tried formating to FAT16 with 64K clusters?

Yeah. that's what I'm using - Before that it would freeze quite regular when talking to the shop keeper and wind. Might try just going to the warp point, trapsing back and then warping to it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.