R4 and Slot 2 M3 GBA mini-SD

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Timsterzilla, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Timsterzilla
    OP

Timsterzilla Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2008
    United States
    I want to migrate pokemon over from my M3 to my R4 in slot 1. Usually when you have a legit pokemon gba game, it would pop up as an option in the DS pokemon screen to migrate the pokemon. I lost my legit leaf green version but still want to migrate gba pokemon to my slot 1 card. I have an m3 mini-sd that act like a r4 but for gba games. Is it possible to boot leaf green from the gba while in R4. I dont mean like just booting the game in an R4 but to to boot both slot 2 and slot 1 at the same time in order to migrate pokemon from my m3 to my r4. Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance! Sorry if im unclear

2. Timsterzilla
    OP

Timsterzilla Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2008
    United States
    opps posted twice by accident

3. Daniellogic

Daniellogic Member

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2007
    Colombia
    If you use Ysmenu, you can notice that selecting a gba game stored in your micro sd and pressing "y", it only put the game on the expansion (in this case, your M3); And lets you select any other ds game (pokemon d/p).

There are a few problems with this:

1) you need to patch your ds rom so it can recognize the expansion as a legit game
    2) also need a working .sav and a working rom (of the gba game) that works with the native Ysmenu gba loader. I've tried with many patched and unpatched roms of pokemon emerald, but when I select the option "MIGRATE FROM EMERALD" appears a "corrupt save" message.

Ysmenu dont patch the roms as gbaexploader does (with this one every single rom works), emerald/ruby only were able to run after I patched them with the 3in1 tool (from Ez) and it always say "corrupt save, etc". Its playable, but still cant migrate a thing l:

I have a M3 gba expansion, but its the only way with maybe someday could be possible to migrate (from my point of view). With the M3 Real migrate its (supossed to be, I dont own one, so cant tell) flawless and works that way, loading the gba rom & save, and then the ds rom.