• Replies 34

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
zeofuture said:
am i the only one having problems with putting themes on this new kernel, only the default lame one shows up

EDIT: and yes ive got them setup accurately in the system folder, i got all of them from ndsthemes.com, and they are all the right resolution. And ive also read the recent forum post on the problem with themes.

Try using this http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=51679&hl=skinr4

If the skins don't show up after using SkinR4 then there may be a fault with the firmware.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zeofuture said:
am i the only one having problems with putting themes on this new kernel, only the default lame one shows up

EDIT: and yes ive got them setup accurately in the system folder, i got all of them from ndsthemes.com, and they are all the right resolution. And ive also read the recent forum post on the problem with themes.

I've found that updating the R4 firmware is acually easier than their download would lead you to believe, especially if are just updating a previous firmware. Unless they updated Moonshell (which they haven't done in ages), you only need to delete two files from your microSD; _DS_MENU.DAT and _DS_MENU.SYS. Then add the updated _DS_MENU.DAT. The SYS file is automatically re-created the first time you boot the R4 with the new firmware. If you already had themes installed and they were working with the old frmware, they should work as they always did with the new irmware. You don't have to worry about any of the other files or folders in the latest firmware download unless you were setting up the R4 for the first time.

IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU DELETE THE OLD "_DS_MENU.SYS" WHEN UPDATING THE FIRMWARE! If you don't, weird stuff can happen, such as your theme problem.

I undetstand that this may not help you with your current problem right now, but it should make updating the firmware easier for you next time. Maybe you just need to delete the old _DS_MENU.SYS now and things will start working correctly again.

Worth a shot anyway.

NatsuMatto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zeofuture said:
Reru said:
zeofuture said:
yep, sure did
Did you place each skin in the respective theme folder? (Theme01, Theme02, etc.)
yes i did that, oddly i had to make my own theme folders because they werent in the kernel update

The firmware NEVER creates a "Theme" folder in the "system" folder. Has never done so... at least not in the last 3 kernel updates.

In the system folder, create a folder names "Themes."

Inside that, create the "theme01" (up to "theme12") folder. I think the names are case sensitive.

The NDSthemes zip should have 4 graphic files, and an ini file. Put those into the "theme01" folder (each theme must go in a seperate folder).

Anyway, I'm using 1.17, and the themes are working perfectly.

NevermoreBurning

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Could you possibly post your folder structure? Whatever's working for you, I cannot get themes to work at all on 1.17. Tried everything. Note: I'm not upgrading from a previous version- but I've tried this with a variety of skins, so it's not that, I think.

Edit: Nevermind. Bleddy Ubuntu!

Goofy Time

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
TrolleyDave said:
Rayder said:
1)Solved the brightness problem after soft-resetting
2)Solved 2107 the "Thanks" problem
3)Solved 2110 problem

Cool! They actually fixed more than just one thing. Whadya know 'bout that.
tongue.gif

Not sure what they mean about the problem with the brightness though. I never has a problem with it.
wacko.gif

Do you know if they fixed the problem with AR codes you mentioned Yasu made a fix for?

I don't know. But I DO know the r4bugfix file doesn't work with this update. I have removed it from the download because it doesn't work with 1.17.

I hate to bump up this topic, but I haven't been here often...what problems does the ARDS have with the R4, if that isn't so much trouble to ask.

Is it the fact some codes don't work on the R4 but work in emulators and the official ARDS?

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
NatsuMatto said:
zeofuture said:
Reru said:
zeofuture said:
yep, sure did
Did you place each skin in the respective theme folder? (Theme01, Theme02, etc.)
yes i did that, oddly i had to make my own theme folders because they werent in the kernel update

The firmware NEVER creates a "Theme" folder in the "system" folder. Has never done so... at least not in the last 3 kernel updates.

In the system folder, create a folder names "Themes."

Inside that, create the "theme01" (up to "theme12") folder. I think the names are case sensitive.

The NDSthemes zip should have 4 graphic files, and an ini file. Put those into the "theme01" folder (each theme must go in a seperate folder).

Anyway, I'm using 1.17, and the themes are working perfectly.

Yeah, R4 team never said in their advertisement they'll make new themse for us, they only wrote: customizable DIY skin, not new custom DIY skin each kernel, which is sad, my themes were lost due to my lack of knowledge
frown.gif

Mole

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I loaded the 1.17, and lost a bunch of cheat codes for Pokemon Diamond/Pearl. I went back to the 1.16, but they are still MIA. I've searched everywhere for a cheat.dat or usrcheat.dat with the cheat codes I used to have but can't find any (things like all items, all badges, all treasures, all pokebalss, etc).
Anyone else had this happen, or know where there are more cheats (that work)?
Thanks.

Dark Reality

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R4 firmware 1.11 was the last one to include the themes. GBAtemp hosts this, here's a link to the English version.

Download it, and extract the Themes directory to your card's _system_ directory.

You now have the 12 themes that come with it.

jelbo

Ōkami!
Trophies
Website
cursors.pocketheaven.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Mole said:
I loaded the 1.17, and lost a bunch of cheat codes for Pokemon Diamond/Pearl. I went back to the 1.16, but they are still MIA. I've searched everywhere for a cheat.dat or usrcheat.dat with the cheat codes I used to have but can't find any (things like all items, all badges, all treasures, all pokebalss, etc).
Anyone else had this happen, or know where there are more cheats (that work)?
Thanks.
The massive CHEAT compilation thread

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?