Quite new to this. (Dumping games)

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Vergil2501, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Vergil2501
    OP

Vergil2501 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2017
    United States
    I've had previous experience dumping ROMs for other systems (PS2,NGC,Wii,PSP) but Wii U is giving me a bit more trouble. Most of the videos I see on youtube or forum posts seem dated as new and better techniques are available for use.

What I want to do is dump my Wii U games for use in the Cemu emulator like I have done with all my other game systems. (This is largely due to the fact I'm in the military and move a lot and rather just bring a computer with me vice several game systems).

I tried DDD to dump a single game (its still running at the time of this post being written) just to play around with some of the things available for dumping games. Still a bit confused about the differences between WUD, WUX, WAD, RPX. I would like to have a smaller consolidated file vice a directory (but I'm fine with having a directory).

I would like to also have the patches I have downloaded and DLC I have purchased that is on my Wii U HDD be able to be used in Cemu. HDD is an external USB HDD that is connected if that affects anything for the dumping process.

2. x65943

x65943 Resident Greekaboo, Amateur Dog Father

Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Indiana
    Last edited by x65943, Feb 1, 2017
  3. Vergil2501
    OP

Vergil2501 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2017
    United States
    So I started using wud for the game discs, what about e-shop titles like fatal frame or other digital downloaded games, would I have to use DDD for such things?