Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thedicemaster said:
http://narutrans.freehostia.com/ghh.ips
ips patch, doesn't trim the rom.
for the rest it's the same as the arm9 replacement.

how did you manage to make an IPS patch?
I was trying to make the controls how I wanted but I couldnt figure out how to make one >_<
and Hex editing the arm9.bin has gotten me NOWHERE >_<
ugh. so frustrating.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i extracted the original arm9, and the hacked one.
i then looked up the arm9's code in the nds file with a hex editor.
i replaced it with that of the hacked arm9.

and then i made an IPS patch with the original, and the hex edited .nds

Chris265265

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So when will this new button mod happen? So far I have the current one and it is a pain in the back side
biggrin.gif

jared120120

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
xxroyoxx said:
CAN YOU MAKE A VIDEO HOW YOU DO IT BECAUSE I TRIED AND IT DIDN'T WORK OR I DID IT WRONG.

I won't make you a video but since I've go time to kill while waiting for custom songs I'll walk you through it.
You open up Dslazy. Download the latest .net framework from microsoft of look for a link on page 6 or something.
Click the - in the top left corner and select your rom. I will take like 15 secs to load the guitar hero file.
Then click NDS unpack. This will take another 15-30 secs. DSlazy will now open up a window with the unpacked .nds file GH
If it doesn't open or you X out open up the the dslazy folder and there will be a new folder called NDSunpack.
DSlazy has kept the original GH rom where it was so you don't need to back up the ARM9 file. Take the ARM9 file you downloaded and paste it in the NDSunpack folder. Overwrite the old one. Now go back to the DSlazy application and if you had DSlazy open the hole time just click NDSpacker. If you closed it try selecting NDSpacker with the - in the top left corner but you may have to just select the rom again and unpack it.

Hope this helps.

Truliche

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ecuador
It's a lot more comfortable if you use the lefty flip since abxy will be in direct reach but I just can't stand the order, the yellow and red fret are always opposed, when red is on the left, you use it with the right button and yellow with left, it's incredibly annoying.

It was kind of cool for a moment but I'm deleting the game from my flashcart, the button hack is too unusable in it's current form, simply reversing the yellow/red fret controls would be a huge step forwards.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
dscf1264dl7.th.jpg

try playing in this position red is on the right yellow on the left and green on the middle finger

easier to memorize, more strain to your wrist if you dont support it with your knee

sorry for the bad resolution i had to take it with our crappy cam cause the better one is big and hard to hold

Truliche

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ecuador
jan777: I have small, thin hands yet that's impossible on the tiny frame of a DS lite.

Also, use lefty flip to bring ABXY to the bottom, not so uncomfortable, problem is, red/yellow are still reversed on any setting and position.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
oh ds lite....

well might have been better for you with the red and yellow on the right places

eine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just want to say the hack is really awesome.
grog.gif

I just hope the buttons get remapped to something better. or else Ill be going nowhere from the greek arena.lol

R, X, A, B would be good for a righty.
biggrin.gif

Skeezo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there
smile.gif

I just wanted to say THANK YOU to the author of this patch
smile.gif

It gave me the chance to try the game (not the best experience with the weird positioning of the buttons, I have to say
wacko.gif
) before deciding whether to buy it or not.

Well... guess what... I bought it and it's totally AWESOME!!!
gbasp.gif

The grip takes the game to an whole new level... truly enjoyable, truly Guitar Hero!!!

I LOVE IT!!!

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
dominator said:
so pirating game with stuff make people wants to buy it, so nintendo will be happy if theye know that
biggrin.gif
apparently combining music and games is the best way to make people pay for their music AND games.
something like this also happened with the PC game audiosurf.
people tried it by downloading a cracked version, but still bought it.

voxtech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok... not sure where to go with this so any info would be apreciated!!!

I have just compared the original arm9.bin and hacked arm9.bin files in UltraEdit, and there isn't a sodding difference between them????
wacko.gif

Any ideas??

Does anyone have a 'positive' update on the better button config for the hack?

Cheers!
yaynds.gif

EDIT: Ok, just found a way to see some differences.... not sure what to change to swap the red/green, or X/Y buttons over though.

HELLLPP!!!!!

poji1130

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lecture.gif
you cant learn how to hack this game from a loser you need a pro like the gay that made the hack soo plese change the keys
ph34r.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Bakerman vs. Wario