Hacking quick questions

anon3536

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so after long debating I finally modded the vwii on my wiiu and I want to do a few things but I'm trying to be safe while doing such

I am wondering if anyone can confirm if its safe to install wiimc v1.9 channel fowarder or not iv read a few things that mention channels needing to "add support for vwii" and am double checking, I want a faster way into wiimc and atm I have to boot into brawl and execute the expliot to get hbc to show properly due to not having the hbc fowarder that fixes it and currently can't download it atm so I believe this may load wiimc without res drop(would also like to know if this is correct to assume)

anon3536

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the link but I can't download anything atm(don't have computer access to the internet atm using an old phone that doesn't like downloading things for what ever reason) I'm just wondering if the one I currently have is safe and possibly if there is a simi simple fix that I could do if not using the tools used for injecting roms into vc andwhat not

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Thanks for the link but I can't download anything atm(don't have computer access to the internet atm using an old phone that doesn't like downloading things for what ever reason) I'm just wondering if the one I currently have is safe and possibly if there is a simi simple fix that I could do if not using the tools used for injecting roms into vc andwhat not
Without a computer that's kinda hard :wink:

The first post of that thread shows the process necessary to convert a normal Wii forwarder into a vWii one but I don't know how to do it with just hombrew tools on the Wii U itself. (and even if it's possible, it would also require you to download the new apps you'd be using)

If you already had something like wiibrowser or wiitch to download with, and a WAD manager to install the WAD file (along with perhaps wiixplorer to move the WAD to the right place depending on which WAD manager you use or you might need it to edit the config file for wiitch to get it working) I'm sure you could download and install the WAD from that thread on the Wii U itself.

anon3536

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I have wad installers and what not from my wii( using same sd card atm) and I do have a computer with all the stuff for injecting wads and what not already downloading I just don't have full internet access(currently on an old phone for internet)

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Well, as it says here
http://gbatemp.net/threads/forwarders-are-back.340226/
You just extract the WAD for your existing channel, replace the file and repack. (I'd assume you're talking about a channel you already have installed so you'd need to pack that into a WAD with bluedump or WiiMod or just extract the corresponding files from NAND with FSToolbox or WiiXplorer first)

anon3536

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alrighty i managed to get out yesterday and download a few more things to do the full cios mods and what not but when i got home and attempted to install everything it is trying to download stuff from inside the d2x app and i dont have internet at home and it was saying something about downloading the .wad but i dont have the link to get it can anyone figure out what the link is and give it to me plox?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.