kentl901

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,

I have a couple of quick questions about the DSTT.

1) How do I perform a soft reset of the DS? On the website it says, L R X Y A B. It did not work for me. I guess it's not enabled. Since I have the chinese firmware, no clue where to activate it.

2) Is it possible to change the OS from chinese to english?

3) DS browser is suppose to work (according to the box art). However, its not working for me. I still get the need for external RAM to be present. Anyway, is possible to get it to run?

Thanks!@!!

Nullkill

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Get the english firmware wand enable this in the system options (Soft reset only works for ds games, not homebrew)

2) www.ndstt.com/english/index_en.htm
GOTO downloads section and get 1.07, copy the contents of the eng folder to your card

3) No. Get the ram explorer.

kfckfc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1) To switch on/off soft reset you need to enable each rom seperately. When a rom is highlighted, there is a plus sign inside a square on the same row as the highlighted rom. If you press the plus sign it will bring up another menu which includes the soft reset option.

2) As Nullkill's advice

3) As Nullkill advised you need a slot 2 ram. I personally use the EZ 3 in 1 Expansion pack but please be aware that you need to add a file to the root of the SD card to allow DSTT to work with the EZ ram expansion (see my post http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=70531)

Good Luck

twit21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) To switch on/off soft reset you need to enable each rom seperately. When a rom is highlighted, there is a plus sign inside a square on the same row as the highlighted rom. If you press the plus sign it will bring up another menu which includes the soft reset option.
Or you could just enable the "Default Reset" option in the DSTT's global settings.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I also cannot get mine to do a soft reset even though I have the "Default Reset" option set correctly. According to the review on this site, the sequence is A+B+X+Y+L+R. According to the DSTT website, the sequence is L+R+A+B+X+Y. According to the first post in this thread, the sequence is L+R+X+Y+A+B. None of them seem to work for me. Can anyone confirm what the correct sequence is?

ETA: I just figured it out. It's not a sequence. You have to press all 6 buttons at the same time.

-Bri

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Mikhal! I figured it out right before you posted! That's not completely obvious to someone doing it for the first time.

-Bri

darthik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have problem with doft reset in homebrew software, othervise button combo working pretty nice, i have enabled it by default, but hb not, do you know why ? thanks

rwilts

Trophies
XP
Country
Check that you havent de selected it within the individual homebrew, the default setting just turns them all to ON , you can still manage them individually.

darthik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
so hb can normally softreset like games ? it seems to me any hb i have cant do it
smile.gif
i'll take a look on individuall config, but i dont change anything except default softreset..

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've noticed that soft reset doesn't work with some homebrew and games no matter how you've set it. I don't know why, so I don't have a solution. If someone knows why (or knows a solution) please post it.

-Bri

onispawn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You have to enable the soft reset. Click the plus symbol on the right of the game to bring up the options. homebrew is not supported with the soft reset feature.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have soft reset enabled for all games. It still doesn't work for some of them. I believe the soft reset works for some homebrew, but I'll have to double-check that. It doesn't work for all games.

-Bri

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jester13,

I went back and tried to soft reset the games I've played recently to see which ones wouldn't, and at least from their opening screens they all worked. I was sure that there were several that wouldn't, so maybe they get into a state where they won't after playing them. But for now, I'll take it back -- they all seem to soft reset except for homebrew. If I run across one that doesn't work, I'll post back here.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I had one it was fun lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think I did then it broke a few months later
    Used it as a web cam for a day for fun, sooo shitty it was hilarious
    I had two Ken one regular black one and a silver special edition one lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Speaking of old stuff those green og Logitech Xbox controllers still being listed around $100
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    eyetoy was fun yeah
    super basic, but the minigames were well designed
    i'm sure there's at least 1 emulator out there that works with it
    I had the PS3 one too and The Eye of Judgement game lol was ass
    i had eye toy play on ps2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Microsoft ruined it with kinect
    @The Real Jdbye, PCSX2 works with any web cam and emulates the EyeToy with it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember mic support for the n64 being janky
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Emulation wise
    I had a kinnect.... It blew rotting goat balls
    Ken amazingly DraStic microphone support works better than real hardware lol
    On a phone of course
    Also touch is better.... Well at least better than the launch DS, the lite one improved that a ton
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Touch
    +1
    I really need to dig out my USB Wii sensor bar and experiment with Wii emulation and synching Wii remotes with BT lol
    Sort of redundant since I have a Wii lol
    With HDMI lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I also have a Wii
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tomorrow be may 4th
    Getting Wiid from Street Pharmacist Mario?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Getting Wiid from Street Pharmacist Mario?