Hacking quick questions about A9lh n3ds

D

Deleted User

What version is your emuNAND?

well scratch that, if you're unlinked then just update emuNAND to 10.7 anyways and you'll be able to. Then from there you can go through the whole downgrade process.

Last edited by ,

funnystory

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What version is your emuNAND?

well scratch that, if you're unlinked then just update emuNAND to 10.7 anyways and you'll be able to. Then from there you can go through the whole downgrade process.

emunand is 10.5 but why would I update to 10.7 lol. Would that fix my browser? I think my ass downgraded the browser or something.

D

Deleted User

You probably did. That error message is the trigger for the block. You can either uninstall the browser and reinstall the browser CIA, or update emuNAND to 10.7 (latest).

If your goal is an updated sysNAND what would be the point of staying on 10.5? (hint: part of the guide is pulling your CTRNAND/AGB/TWLN/TWLP partitons and injecting them to sysNAND, hence whatever your emunand is, becomes your sysNAND).

Also, it's probably best to update anyways in the case you have random or downgraded titles as they can cause the 2.1 downgrade to fail.

Last edited by ,

funnystory

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You probably did. That error message is the trigger for the block. You can either uninstall the browser and reinstall the browser CIA, or update emuNAND to 10.7 (latest).

If your goal is an updated sysNAND what would be the point of staying on 10.5? (hint: part of the guide is pulling your CTRNAND/AGB/TWLN/TWLP partitons and injecting them to sysNAND, hence whatever your emunand is, becomes your sysNAND).

Also, it's probably best to update anyways in the case you have random or downgraded titles as they can cause the 2.1 downgrade to fail.

My fear is that the browser wont downgrade when i DG emunand to 2.1.

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the newest updated browser will be able to load the OTP dumper??
Bro just downgrade. This has to be the safest thing you can do if you don't mess up. There's been like 4-5+ major revisions just to make the guide better and safer. And I've never heard of a report where the browser never downgraded.

funnystory

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bro just downgrade. This has to be the safest thing you can do if you don't mess up. There's been like 4-5+ major revisions just to make the guide better and safer. And I've never heard of a report where the browser never downgraded.

So update my emunand to latest firmware and then follow the tutorial and alls will be well??

D

Deleted User

So update my emunand to latest firmware and then follow the tutorial and alls will be well??

You should be following the tutorial verbatim. You can skip to emuNAND or OTP if you already have the steps done, but it's very precise and well written. If you follow the tutorial, you should have no problems. That and OTP helper checks every step of the way and aborts if something is detected or wrong.

D

Deleted User

I am following the guide lol,my problem is that my browser is not working on emunand and I don't want to flash a broken browser to my sysnand.

If you're using the guide, Part 3 Step #29 (if you're going to use updatedsysNAND anyway, why not upgrade to fix the browser or any other incorrect titles, and save yourself a systemupdate when you're done?)

Update your EmuNAND to the latest version using system settings (DO NOT ENTER DATA MANAGEMENT OR EXIT SYSTEM SETTINGS AS THIS WILL REBOOT YOU INTO SYSNAND)

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Just Passing By

funnystory

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're using the guide, Part 3 Step #29 (if you're going to use updatedsysNAND anyway, why not upgrade to fix the browser or any other incorrect titles, and save yourself a systemupdate when you're done?)

Update your EmuNAND to the latest version using system settings (DO NOT ENTER DATA MANAGEMENT OR EXIT SYSTEM SETTINGS AS THIS WILL REBOOT YOU INTO SYSNAND)

I didn't read this part because it said to skip to part 4 if you had menuhax and everything set up,Can I check the browser to make sure it works afterwards? I am paranoid of the browser not working lol i would be super pissed.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Tried updating with RXTOOLS 10.5 U emunand and it said an error occured,I am guessing I have to disable tubehaxdns?

D

Deleted User

Yes, you can test it before downgrading.

Yes disable TubeHax if you're updating.

Also, RXTools doesn't work on N3DS for A9LH, so make sure you have AuRei or Cakes before proceeding.

funnystory

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you can test it before downgrading.

Yes disable TubeHax if you're updating.

Also, RXTools doesn't work on N3DS for A9LH, so make sure you have AuRei or Cakes before proceeding.

I have rxtools cakesfw and Reinand,I thought I could configure the payloads later?

D

Deleted User

I have rxtools cakesfw and Reinand,I thought I could configure the payloads later?

You can. Just mentioning that when you finally get around the last part of installing A9 it expects an arm9loaderhax.bin on the SD (or your boot selector), and RX tools isn't compatible with A9LH.

Best reccomendation though is AuRei. Only Cakes/AuRei support updatedsysnand.

Reactions: funnystory

funnystory

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can. Just mentioning that when you finally get around the last part of installing A9 it expects an arm9loaderhax.bin on the SD (or your boot selector), and RX tools isn't compatible with A9LH.

Best reccomendation though is AuRei. Only Cakes/AuRei support updatedsysnand.

Ok I will go with aurei,I am in the process of updating to 10.7. I will then proceed to test to make sure the browser is g2g and follow the rest of the guide

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Alright I am almost ready to start thanks @Just Passing By and @gunner007 gunner youve bailed me out numerous times thank you! I will update this thread as I go through the gauntlet of n3ds brick possibilities.

Reactions: Just Passing By

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou