Hacking Quick question regarding prep work for DSiWare/Fieldrunners downgrade

kingku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a freshly hacked O3DS which I want to use to downgrade my N3DSXL. N3DSXL has my real NNID on it, and the O3DS has no NNID linked to it at all. Once the downgrade is complete, I'd like to keep the same NNID on my N3DSXL that is currently on it. Are there any precautions I have to take in the prep work process to insure I will be able to keep the current NNID on the N3DSXL which I am trying to hack, or does the downgrade process naturally keep the current NNID as-is? Thank you!

(link to guide I plan on using to downgrade: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade)

Last edited by kingku,

ADS3500

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a freshly hacked O3DS which I want to use to downgrade my N3DSXL. N3DSXL has my real NNID on it, and the O3DS has no NNID linked to it at all. Once the downgrade is complete, I'd like to keep the same NNID on my N3DSXL that is currently on it. Are there any precautions I have to take in the prep work process to insure I will be able to keep the current NNID on the N3DSXL which I am trying to hack, or does the downgrade process naturally keep the current NNID as-is? Thank you!

(link to guide I plan on using to downgrade: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade)
You have to format your n3ds before the downgrade. After the downgrade, or after installing arm9loaderhax, you can format your system and you might be able to log into your original ID again. If you can't log in, you'll have to call Nintendo and come up with an explanation for why your ID isn't on your system. You'll also lose all of your save files if you didn't back them up and you'll have to re-download every game again.

Speighty1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Worst case scenario, if you loose the NNID and you cant link, cant you just call nintendo and ask them to unlink it from any 3ds and then you should be able to sign back in.

I haven't tried it myself though, I did however do it with a wii u.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Funnily enough, I did this with my cousin's system, and he wanted the same thing. The only way to keep the data will make the entire process last three weeks - since you'd have to System Transfer the NNID you want to keep.
So basically:
1) System Transfer from the system that's going to be hacked (the one with your NNID on) to a blank emuNAND or something
2) Wait a week
3) Do DSiWare downgrade and get everything setup
4) Wait a week
5) System transfer stuff back

kingku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cheers. I'm pretty sure I can work with this-- will be sure to use the save manager to back up my saves first.

edit - the posts are moving quicker than I can keep track of. The emunand system transfer is an interesting solution

Last edited by kingku,

ADS3500

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Funnily enough, I did this with my cousin's system, and he wanted the same thing. The only way to keep the data will make the entire process last three weeks - since you'd have to System Transfer the NNID you want to keep.
So basically:
1) System Transfer from the system that's going to be hacked (the one with your NNID on) to a blank emuNAND or something
2) Wait a week
3) Do DSiWare downgrade and get everything setup
4) Wait a week
5) System transfer stuff back
You can't transfer a n3ds to an o3ds. There's also a chance that Nintendo will release an update within those 3 weeks, so it probably won't work.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can't transfer a n3ds to an o3ds. There's also a chance that Nintendo will release an update within those 3 weeks, so it probably won't work.
Dang, you're right. I missed that detail! And sure, there's a chance they do, but it's really the only way to keep everything.
But like you said, useless in this case.

kingku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm more concerned about my smash dlc which is the only thing I've purchased tbh lol if I setup a new NNID on the O3DS will that absorb all the DLC from the NNID on my N3DSXL during the system transfer process?

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm more concerned about my smash dlc which is the only thing I've purchased tbh lol if I setup a new NNID on the O3DS will that absorb all the DLC from the NNID on my N3DSXL during the system transfer process?
Oh if you're only worried about your downloads, and not your save data etc, you're fine. You can just log back in with your NNID after you've finished setting stuff up, and you'll be able to redownload everything.

kingku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so I've got another [probably easy] one for y'all, and since I can only make one noob thread every 24 hours here goes:
On part 4 of the "official" guide/Plailect's guide, Section V, Step #12 I notice in bold letters the following is noted:
RedNAND will be bricked by the downgrade on New 3DS (not on Old 3DS), but you will no longer be able to get into it on either since no current CFW can boot a 2.1.0 RedNAND (a black screen when you try to load RedNAND is normal)

Does this mean that this is some significant roadblock in the CFW/downgrade to 2.1.0 process when coming from a N3DS (mine is XL if that matters) or am I misreading/misinterpreting the whole thing? If the former are there any steps to take/workarounds that will allow me to continue on with the CFW process on my N3DS? Thanks!

edit: Link to guide [section V, step 12] for reference https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(2.1.0-Downgrade)

ADS3500

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright so I've got another [probably easy] one for y'all, and since I can only make one noob thread every 24 hours here goes:
On part 4 of the "official" guide/Plailect's guide, Section V, Step #12 I notice in bold letters the following is noted:
RedNAND will be bricked by the downgrade on New 3DS (not on Old 3DS), but you will no longer be able to get into it on either since no current CFW can boot a 2.1.0 RedNAND (a black screen when you try to load RedNAND is normal)

Does this mean that this is some significant roadblock in the CFW/downgrade to 2.1.0 process when coming from a N3DS (mine is XL if that matters) or am I misreading/misinterpreting the whole thing? If the former are there any steps to take/workarounds that will allow me to continue on with the CFW process on my N3DS? Thanks!

edit: Link to guide [section V, step 12] for reference https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(2.1.0-Downgrade)
No, you'll do something that unbricks it a bit later. When you're on 2.1, don't put your system into sleep mode or it will brick.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    +2
  • C @ Clayton44333:
    hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Finally there are people here
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We're figments of your imagination
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: We're figments of your imagination +1