Quick Question before I go to school

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Sterling, Jan 22, 2009.

Jan 22, 2009
  1. Sterling
    OP

Member Sterling GBAtemp's Silver Hero

United States
    So i have been working on a plot for a game, and I think i'd like to go the Final Fantasy Tactics way; which means ill need to create a tiled gmap. i want to use palib because ido not know much c or c++.

i was wondering how might i be able to create a map, and move my characters on it; in palib of course.

i may have to come back to this topic later today i leave in 6 min... [​IMG]

2. Morgawr

Member Morgawr GBAtemp Fan

Italy
    mmm.. I've never tried PAlib (I'm using devkitARM + libnds) but I think that you must have a (more than) basic knowledge of C/C++ nonetheless... anyways making a tiled map for a tactics game isn't something easy, not even with PAlib.. I guess you'd have to make an object for every character/monster in the map, all from the same inherited mother-class... then you should program the map with different tiles regarding different locations and put obstacles and different levels of the map (depending on how complex you want it to be done). Then you should work on controlling your character(s) with either stylus touching or button pressing through an input reader... It's not easy, I'd suggest you go read some tutorial online on game programming [​IMG]

3. Sterling
    OP

Member Sterling GBAtemp's Silver Hero

United States
    Thanks, i dont know much of c, and c++ but java is something i know alot better. and i understand inheritance. if you have a tutorial for this kind of stuff send me the tutorial link. it also should be 2d the sprites and the gmap. i already have the game name, the classes, and some ideas of what to do with palib(can you say draw runes to increase attacks power?)