Homebrew Quick Question before I go to school

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i have been working on a plot for a game, and I think i'd like to go the Final Fantasy Tactics way; which means ill need to create a tiled gmap. i want to use palib because ido not know much c or c++.

i was wondering how might i be able to create a map, and move my characters on it; in palib of course.

i may have to come back to this topic later today i leave in 6 min...
sad.gif

Morgawr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Sterl500 said:
So i have been working on a plot for a game, and I think i'd like to go the Final Fantasy Tactics way; which means ill need to create a tiled gmap. i want to use palib because ido not know much c or c++.

i was wondering how might i be able to create a map, and move my characters on it; in palib of course.

i may have to come back to this topic later today i leave in 6 min...
sad.gif

mmm.. I've never tried PAlib (I'm using devkitARM + libnds) but I think that you must have a (more than) basic knowledge of C/C++ nonetheless... anyways making a tiled map for a tactics game isn't something easy, not even with PAlib.. I guess you'd have to make an object for every character/monster in the map, all from the same inherited mother-class... then you should program the map with different tiles regarding different locations and put obstacles and different levels of the map (depending on how complex you want it to be done). Then you should work on controlling your character(s) with either stylus touching or button pressing through an input reader... It's not easy, I'd suggest you go read some tutorial online on game programming
wink.gif

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, i dont know much of c, and c++ but java is something i know alot better. and i understand inheritance. if you have a tutorial for this kind of stuff send me the tutorial link. it also should be 2d the sprites and the gmap. i already have the game name, the classes, and some ideas of what to do with palib(can you say draw runes to increase attacks power?)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr