Hacking quick question about playing backups...

aceplayer97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I just recently started using homebrew stuff on my Wii. I installed HBC adn Backuploader. I downloaded Animal Crossing and burned the image to a DVD-RW. I then tired to load it in Backuploader but got error 324. I am currently running Wii 2.2U firmware. Is that a bad firmware for backups?

Sir VG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you have a very old firmware.

3.2U is the recommended firmware. If you have SSBB or Mario Kart, use that to upgrade to 3.2U, then try running Animal Crossing.

(No, don't upgrade using AC, because that's 3.3.)

aceplayer97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BUt I don't have either of those games
hate2.gif
. Is there another way to upgrade Wii to 3.2U?

aceplayer97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I just upgraded my Wii to 3.2U. I tried to run the iso I burned on the DVD-RW but it still didn't work. But then I tried running my original Zelda TWP disc in Backuploader and it worked perfectly. I suppose it is a media error. I guess I'll switch over to using DVD-R discs only. Anyone know any good quality brand of DVD-R that works for them? And by the way what is Starfall?

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look up Starfall at WiiBrew.org. It allows you to patch your system menu with certain settings which help you so that you don't brick your Wii.

I use Sony DVD-R's and burn them at 4x, and I've never had a bad burn, but everyone uses something different, so just try different combos until you find one that works for you.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Just so you know. RW does not work.. EVER. I've tried RW in my Wii.. doesn't work. I tried RW on my ps2... doesn't work. They're not made for gaming...

I tried Sony's to test out if I modded my Wii properly.. they worked. For now I've been using Verbatim DVD-R since you can get those dirt cheap... For me it was 18.99€ for 100 of 'em.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo