quick question about playing backups...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by aceplayer97, Dec 7, 2008.

Dec 7, 2008
  1. aceplayer97
    OP

Newcomer aceplayer97 Member

United States
    Hi, I just recently started using homebrew stuff on my Wii. I installed HBC adn Backuploader. I downloaded Animal Crossing and burned the image to a DVD-RW. I then tired to load it in Backuploader but got error 324. I am currently running Wii 2.2U firmware. Is that a bad firmware for backups?

2. Sir VG

Member Sir VG GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Yes, you have a very old firmware.

3.2U is the recommended firmware. If you have SSBB or Mario Kart, use that to upgrade to 3.2U, then try running Animal Crossing.

(No, don't upgrade using AC, because that's 3.3.)

3. aceplayer97
    OP

United States
    BUt I don't have either of those games [​IMG] . Is there another way to upgrade Wii to 3.2U?

4. nicksasa

Member nicksasa GBAtemp Maniac

Belgium
    that isnt nessecary just dont use dvd -rw that never works good use dvd-r

5. aceplayer97
    OP

United States
    Ok, so I just upgraded my Wii to 3.2U. I tried to run the iso I burned on the DVD-RW but it still didn't work. But then I tried running my original Zelda TWP disc in Backuploader and it worked perfectly. I suppose it is a media error. I guess I'll switch over to using DVD-R discs only. Anyone know any good quality brand of DVD-R that works for them? And by the way what is Starfall?

6. fiveighteen

Member fiveighteen High Hopes and Low Expectations

United States
    Look up Starfall at WiiBrew.org. It allows you to patch your system menu with certain settings which help you so that you don't brick your Wii.

I use Sony DVD-R's and burn them at 4x, and I've never had a bad burn, but everyone uses something different, so just try different combos until you find one that works for you.

7. Distrance

Member Distrance GBAtemp Fan

Finland
    Just so you know. RW does not work.. EVER. I've tried RW in my Wii.. doesn't work. I tried RW on my ps2... doesn't work. They're not made for gaming...

I tried Sony's to test out if I modded my Wii properly.. they worked. For now I've been using Verbatim DVD-R since you can get those dirt cheap... For me it was 18.99€ for 100 of 'em.